Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooter says don't watch Dukes Movie

Re: Cooter says don't watch Dukes Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan
    Incidently, there is a Hazard, Ky. Is that supposed to be the setting for the show or did it take place in a fictional Georgia town? I always wondered.
    I believe it's supposed to be (fictional) Hazard County in Georgia.
    Last edited by HotCorner; 08-08-2005 at 03:40 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 2844
    Yes, it was definitely in Georgia.

I do remember many references to Daisy "skinny dipping" in the original TV series as well. I think there was at least one episode where Enos or one of the other dimwitted Hazard officers caught her in the act..
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I never cared for the TV show, but my older sons were adamant about wanting to see the movie, so last Friday night, against my better judgment, our family went to the movie. After about 15 minutes of mindless dialogue, with plenty of profanity, my wife, youngest son and I slipped out to catch "Sky High" which was playing in the next theater. My youngest son liked "Sky High." Unfortunately my two older sons liked "Dukes of Hazzard" and were surprised to be told that, no, they wouldn't be getting a copy of the movie when it came out on video.
    By the way, "Dukes" lead the way at the national box office last weekend.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by 2844
    From Wikipedia-

Although Hazzard County, Georgia was a fictional location (the early episodes of the show were filmed in Covington, Georgia), the real-life town of Hazard, Kentucky was a beneficiary of the show's popularity. Members of the cast were frequent visitors to the town's annual Black Gold Festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Okay, I saw this movie yesterday, and no, it wasn't something I necessarily wanted to do, I didn't have to pay to get in.

At the beginning of the movie, I thought for sure that I was in for the worst movie ever. As the film started, there was no way that I could see Knoxville and Scott as the Duke boys. However, as the movie went on, and I took it for what it really was, which is dumb stupid brainless humor (this is a Broken Lizard production after all), it got to be a lot better. It really was a fun time at the theater, the same way that Van Helsing was a fun time at the theater. Check your brain at the door and enjoy the mindlessness of it all.

The main thing I didn't like is the character of Sheriff Roscoe. Didn't seem to mesh with the memory of Roscoe I have from the TV show.

And pretty much every scene with Jessica Simpson in it is shown in the preview.

This was definately better than the season with Coy and Vance (or whatever those cousins' names were).
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?