Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Iggy Pop on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross

Iggy Pop on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross

If you're a fan you might want to check this out. Really good interview. Iggy is a cool guy.

Listen Here

The work of the artist formerly known as James Jewell Osterburg Jr. is collected in a new CD, A Million in Prizes: The Iggy Pop Anthology. Iggy Pop's career began in the late 1960s as frontman for The Stooges. A solo career produced more pioneering music even as Pop overcame a heroin addiction.

School's out. What did you expect?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Iggy Pop on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross

Thanks Pedro. A very significant musician who slipped under my radar. I'm just starting to listen to this guy- Have been listening to Raw Power and Lust for Life. Both sound great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    Thanks Pedro. A very significant musician who slipped under my radar. I'm just starting to listen to this guy- Have been listening to Raw Power and Lust for Life. Both sound great.
    Raw Power rocks.

For a Level Playing Field

I cannot say that I know much about Iggy Pop's music. I've read tale about some of the crazy things he used to do on stage though!

He looks possessed in that picture. One mean and tough lookin' SOB... to say the least!

I love Iggy, but the dude can't keep his shirt on. I don't get it. I mean, if it's the pants I understand, but shirts are cheap.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I love Iggy, but the dude can't keep his shirt on. I don't get it. I mean, if it's the pants I understand, but shirts are cheap.
    In the interview he said it's because no matter what type of shirt you wear, it says something about you.

Terry Gross asked him if not wearing a shirt said even more.

He really came off as a nice and intelligent man in the interview.

He also said that of the Stooges (his first band) he was the conservative one.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    He really came off as a nice and intelligent man in the interview.

He also said that of the Stooges (his first band) he was the conservative one.
    As an undergraduate, I was in a band called El Camino; we covered "I Wanna Be Your Dog."

We *emptied* the frat house we were playing in.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

As an undergraduate, I was in a band called El Camino; we covered "I Wanna Be Your Dog."

We *emptied* the frat house we were playing in.
    nice work.

Turn Off Ads?