Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Good webhosts?

They call me "chef"

Good webhosts?

Anybody know of any good webhosts?

I need something along the lines of 3,000MB disk storage and 100GB bandwidth for $6.95-$9.95 a month. I also need to be able to set up additional domain names with e-mail accounts.

If you could give me some names that'd be much appreciated.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Good webhosts?

You'll have some difficulty getting that much monthly bandwidth for that price I think. The 3GB disk space should be easily accomplished though.

3 GB of Disk Space
    50 GB Monthly Bandwidth
    Unlimited Email
    Includes cPanel and Fantastico

Only $6/Month or $65/Year
    and
    7 GB of Disk Space
    75 GB Monthly Bandwidth
    Unlimited Email
    Includes cPanel and Fantastico

Only $15/Month or $170/Year
    are available from the host I use though:
    www.surpasshosting.com

the second one allows three additional second level domains and unlimited subdomains. Unlimited email as well I believe. Not sure about the first one though.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

The host I use, U2mike.com has a "King Size" plan with those exact 3GB/100GB specs and unlimited domains. Most everything else is unlimited under this plan, too. The control panel is DirectAdmin and Installatron is included.

http://u2mike.com/index2.php?page=hosting

Price on the site is $29.95/month, but I signed up for a reseller account during a half-price sale that is still going on, so you should be able to get this for $15.

Plans List

If that interests you, contact the sales department via their contact form and see if you can get the King Size plan under the "half-price sale advertised on WebHostingTalk."
    Last edited by Unassisted; 07-15-2005 at 06:33 PM.
    /r/reds

Retired

At those specs and price range you are most likey going to be stuck on a sever that's been oversold.

How do reseller accounts work? Are they a good way to host many different domains cheaply?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Try these guys ...

http://ipower.com/webhosting_proplan.html

I use them and have had no major issues.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    How do reseller accounts work? Are they a good way to host many different domains cheaply?
    With the DirectAdmin panel, a reseller account is the only way to have multiple users within the same account. (Multiple users are handy if you want to give other users limited access to the resources of the account. Domains can only be assigned to one user, but the reseller can access the resources of all of the users.) I don't know enough about cPanel and the Ensim panel to know whether reseller accounts are possible or handy.

As for the "cheaply" question, assuming your host doesn't mind, with a reseller account, you can make a few $$$ by subletting the unused disk space and bandwidth to "customers" of your own or even friends who rent space from you.

I pay $100/year for a 5GB/60GB reseller account, so I'm not paying this host much more (or less) for the resources than a big user account does. Mostly, I like the additional control that I get with a reseller account.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 07-15-2005 at 09:39 PM.
    /r/reds

WAGS

i am good friends with this guy. he runs a legit webhosting company and is really great guy. check him out

http://www.exservers.com

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by 2844
    Try these guys ...

http://ipower.com/webhosting_proplan.html

I use them and have had no major issues.
    I am using Ipower right now. They are good but they won't give me any e-mail addresses for my additional domain names. I'd have to drop an extra 100 bucks and buy a whole other account, which I really don't want to do.

Turn Off Ads?