Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Game Thread 7-15 Reds vs Rockies (Same old)

Re: Game Thread 7-15 Reds vs Rockies (Same old)

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Ortiz has negative trade value--a team wouldn't take the guy for free. Pena, Olmedo, and an arm of some upside might do it.
    Agreed, but I saw Olmedo as erasing that negative value, so that this deal is essentially Pena for Jennings. The rockies have nothing to lose by trying Ortiz in Coors, and if he somehow can pitch, he is signed for next season. If he can not, he can be bought out or released, and they have a stud outfielder for their troubles.
    "I'm a Cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. Please don't send me to the pickle farm, bum." - Brak

Record In Games Attended, 2007: 2-1 (1-0 GAB, 1-1 Jake)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Game Thread 7-15 Reds vs Rockies (Same old)

Pena in Coors would actually be similar to Preston Wilson's 2003, but with likely a higher SLG. probably a .350 OB, maybe a tick higher, and a fairly monstrous SLG.. something like .590 - .640. These would be Coors numbers, and his road number of course would be lower, but his learning curv still has yet to be determined.

Rcovery from Coors for a pitcher is two years. Look at Hampton. I swear it's worse than a sjoulder injury. I might do Pena for Jennings straight up, but I don't add anything to that deal.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Turn Off Ads?