Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best band you were surprised to discover you liked

Re: Best band you were surprised to discover you liked

I love "So What" by Ministry.
    School's out. What did you expect?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think I'd rather have my lower lip nailed to the back of my head than listen to "theatrical rock" like Meatloaf. Or I used to think so. Well, I still loathe Meatloaf, but I, for years, put poor old Alice Cooper in the same kitty. Big mistake. Sorry Alice. You really aren't Black Sabbath Lite. In fact, "Billion Dollar Babies" kicks so much ass my butt now faces the front of my body. Sorry Alice. How was I to know?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

:all_cohol :all_cohol :all_cohol :all_cohol

Its not all their songs, actually very few. But I actually liked a few N'Sync songs. Not the teeny-bop dance crap, but the Ballads like "God Must have spnt a little more time on you"

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    I love "So What" by Ministry.
    the Land of Rape and Honey.

'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I think I'd rather have my lower lip nailed to the back of my head than listen to "theatrical rock" like Meatloaf. Or I used to think so. Well, I still loathe Meatloaf, but I, for years, put poor old Alice Cooper in the same kitty. Big mistake. Sorry Alice. You really aren't Black Sabbath Lite. In fact, "Billion Dollar Babies" kicks so much ass my butt now faces the front of my body. Sorry Alice. How was I to know?
    WOY had an Alice Cooper poster when we were kids. I ruined it by sticking chewed up bubble gum to Alice's eyes. I'm sorry too Alice.

WOY had an Alice Cooper poster when we were kids. I ruined it by sticking chewed up bubble gum to Alice's eyes. I'm sorry too Alice.
    That's hilarious. Did you two grow up together? I thought you only knew one another from Portland.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    That's hilarious. Did you two grow up together? I thought you only knew one another from Portland.
    He's my brother.

He's my brother.
    And who was the first one to figure that out? Hmmmm, hmmmmm? Yep, the intel chick.

Now excuse me while I go get a sling for my arm. I seem to have injured it patting myself on the back.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    in that case, i think you'd like Dope and Murderdolls and Zeromancer...and a few Ministry songs.

do you like Rob Zombie/White Zombie?
    Yes, I like some stuff by Rob/White Zombie.

I've heard a few Ministry songs (the ones that were played on Beavis and Butthead) and liked them....
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

He's my brother.
    Well, count me among the dunderheads and call me dipstick....

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    And who was the first one to figure that out? Hmmmm, hmmmmm? Yep, the intel chick.

Now excuse me while I go get a sling for my arm. I seem to have injured it patting myself on the back.
    Yeah,and to think I thought you for one would be a little more sensitive about outing someone who is undercover.

Switchfoot

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Yes, I like some stuff by Rob/White Zombie.

I've heard a few Ministry songs (the ones that were played on Beavis and Butthead) and liked them....
    yeah, you should definetly check out Dope and Zeromancer then. Dope is a more musically active version of Rob, and Zeromancer is a hard rock (rather than metal) version of White Zombie.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Joy Division/New Order is some of the best music I've ever heard. I'd have to say I was surprised that I liked Bright Eyes as much as I do, just because I usually think major hype is usually just that, hype. But the guy can do it.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Turn Off Ads?