Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson Loves Even Non-Lesbian Cheerleaders

Chad Johnson Loves Even Non-Lesbian Cheerleaders

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=4840

After making a decent proposal with a modest bow on one knee, Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson couldn’t marry his career day with a season-making victory.

Johnson made good Sunday on his mid-week guarantee in which he told the world he couldn’t be stopped. He ended up with a career-best 189 yards on eight catches and sent a message to his team they could play with the undefeated Colts when his 68-yard touchdown streak turned the game from a blowout to a shootout late in the first quarter.

The Bengals lost, 45-37, but Johnson had another day in the sun, ending it three yards shy of 1,000 for this season in becoming the sixth Bengal to reach 5,000 yards at 5,121. Not to mention one marriage proposal and a message to the exiled Terrell Owens.

“Rather have the ‘W,' ” Johnson said of the record. “You know how I feel about losing.”

You also know how he feels about celebrations. Loves them, and during his 68-yard touchdown catch down the left sideline pulled the Bengals to 14-10 late in the first quarter, he started. After running by cornerback Jason David (in front) and running away from safety Bob Sanders (in back), he pointed to the crowd and sidelines. He went from the end zone to a Ben-Gals cheerleader, got down on one knee, asked her to marry him, and when she said, “Yes,” they kissed and it was only after the game he found out her name is Daphne, an account executive at Cincinnati radio stations Kiss 107 FM and Mix 94.1.

By the end of the game, even ESPN knew her name as they tried to reach her to get the Ben-Gal on “Cold Pizza” Monday morning.

“I had to reach deep into the bag of tricks,” Johnson said. “Proposing is something everybody does, and once you do, your life is over.”

BENGALS 5,000-YARD RECEIVERS:

* Isaac Curtis, 1973-84, 416 catches-7,101 yards
    * Carl Pickens, 1992-99, 530-6,887
    * Cris Collinsworth, 1981-88, 417-6,698
    * Eddie Brown, 1985-91, 363-6,134
    * Darnay Scott, 1994-2001, 386-5,975
    * Chad Johnson, 2001-, 343-5,121

Johnson didn’t stop there. He went from Daphne to the Bengals sideline, grabbed a grease board and scrawled a message to Owens: “T.O. I got you baby,” and the CBS cameras obliged him.

“I really don’t like it. I just want him to know I got his back," Johnson said of the former Eagles receiver whose fate is to be decided by an arbitrator this week as he tries to hook on with another team. “That was for him. I talk to him almost every day. ... Everything he can’t do now, I’m going to pick up the slack.”

The antics overshadowed what a big play it was. It was the longest hookup between him and quarterback Carson Palmer since the 70-yard bomb on the second play of the Minnesota game way back in Week 2. And it came just 1:07 after Peyton Manning had scored on a 66-yard heave of his own to Reggie Wayne.

“If they were going to make it a shootout, we were going to match their intensity and just score along with them,” Johnson said. “There’s no pressure. It should be your mindset that you want to score every time you have the ball. Playing an offense like this, you want to score every time you touch the ball.”

Johnson said the Colts offense is so good that, “it’s unfair.” But it was the Bengals who got more yards than the Colts with 492. “We’re unfair, too. Cincinnati and the Colts are the two best offenses in the NFL. Yeah, in that order,” he said.

Johnson looked around the media throng at his locker, and appeared to say, “See you in the Dome,” which sounded like a reference to a playoff game in Indianapolis. But he didn’t think it would be a good idea if the Bengals signed Owens for that stretch run.

“Not enough balls to go around,” Johnson said.

It would not, it seems, be a marriage of convenience.

Coincidences?

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/nfl/b...rah-125290.php

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson is known for being brash, loud and Keyshawn Johnson’s cousin. But we prefer knowing him for something so cute it makes us want to dance: He’s in love with Oprah Winfrey. No, really. Last month, Johnson blessed us with the immortal quote: “It might sound unusual for a man looking up to a woman, but she’s just someone I would need to sit down with and talk to on how to better myself, all around, as a person.”

Daphne:
    http://www.bengals.com/cheerleaders/...eerleader_id=4

PERSON I WOULD MOST LIKE TO MEET AND WHY: Oprah – she is a driven, goal-oriented woman who accomplished much-deserved success and did so gracefully.

FAVORITE BENGALS PLAYER: Chad Johnson

EDUCATION INFO: Cum Lade Graduate of Cumberland College – Williamsburg, KY

She means Cum Laude right?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Re: Chad Johnson Loves Even Non-Lesbian Cheerleaders

Yes!... Yes!... A thousand times YES!
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Wow.

He picked the right one.

Some of them are stone cold dawgettes.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

What can I say...chicks dig the longball...

And, is it just me, or are the Ben-Gals uniforms totally awesome?
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Post To Contact

That cheerleader works sales at Clear Channel Cincinnati, if I am correct.

i'm still not picking up the "orientation" part - unless it's some dig @ Carolina's.....
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Donkey
    That cheerleader works sales at Clear Channel Cincinnati, if I am correct.
    You are correct.

Post To Contact

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    You are correct.
    Thank you, sir, I was just thinking that you'd be the man to ask.

"Sales," huh?

"Oh, Redsland," I'll do anything to have you sign this contract."

And of course,

"Mr. Boss, I didn't make my numbers. That was very, very naughty of me."

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    i'm still not picking up the "orientation" part - unless it's some dig @ Carolina's.....
    That's exactly what it was.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    And, is it just me, or are the Ben-Gals uniforms totally awesome?
    It's not just you.

Wow! She went to my alma mater,Cumberland College. There were no women that looked like her when I went there!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

She didn't look like that when she went there, either.

Makes all the routine posts.

Now having met Chad Johnson, I have to say that he's an amazing guy who just seems to love life. Very friendly and personable, and seems to really like people. What a class act!

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Now having met Chad Johnson, I have to say that he's an amazing guy who just seems to love life. Very friendly and personable, and seems to really like people. What a class act!
    I met him once about a year ago, in a store near my house. It was something of a surprise. I didn't bug him much. Strangely enough, he struck me as being just a bit on the shy side, but personable.

Turn Off Ads?