Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Name that scene

Name that scene

OK, I'm bored.

Soooo, how about a new game. You post a quote or some dialogue from a movie scene, and we guess what movie and who said it. Then the winner posts another one. And so on, and so on, until I'm not bored anymore or we reach the end of the internet, whichever comes first.

I'll start with a very easy one.

"Marie, now just stay calm. Stay calm. Don't look down, don't look down! Look up! Just keep your eyes up and keep them that way, o.k.! Waiter there are snails on her plate. Now get them out of here before she sees them! Look away, just look away, keep your eyes that way! You would think that in a fancy restaurant at these prices you could keep the snails off the food! There are so many snails there you can't even see the food! Now take those away and bring us those melted cheese sandwich appetizers you talked me out of!"
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Name that scene

The Jerk - Navin?

"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life - I don't apologize - to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize - that's my life - but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string. "

Groundhog day?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    The Jerk - Navin?
    Yep.

One of my all time favorites. I still call my brother Navin all the time.

So, you win, you can post a quote, or pass.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Or you can just go ahead with no need for further instructions :
    ~ Mark Twain

Arcanum Ohio via Nashville Tn and Jackson MS.

"Is this a bust?" and from the same movie, "Nice Beaver!"

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Or you can just go ahead with no need for further instructions :
    Sorry, I was fairly sure I had it, and I wasn't sure how much you'd be able to be online.

I went for it. Did I mess up?
    "I've never understood the term "women and children" as if their lives are somewhat more important than men."

"Nice Beaver"- Frank from the Naked Gun

"Do ya really wanna jump?! Do ya wanna?"

Sorry, I was fairly sure I had it, and I wasn't sure how much you'd be able to be online.

I went for it. Did I mess up?

nope, you nailed it.

your way is better. I'm not into rules, anyone who has a good one, just go ahead.
    ~ Mark Twain

"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life - I don't apologize - to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize - that's my life - but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string. "
    Vito Corleone to Michael in The Godfather
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Alright ... let's get this on track again.

Chip .... the stage is yours.
    "I've never understood the term "women and children" as if their lives are somewhat more important than men."

"Woo! Hot Damn, son I believe you did sell your soul to the devil."
    "Woooooooo-wee. Boy, that was a miiiighty fine a-pickin' and a-singin'. I'll tell you what, you come on in here and sign these papers here and I'm a gonna you ten dollars a piece."
    "Uh, okay sir. But Murt and Aloysius will have to sign Xes as only four of us can write."
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

O Brother where are thou?
    ~ Mark Twain

Turn Off Ads?