Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Matthews Band in Cincinnati 7/21

Dave Matthews Band in Cincinnati 7/21

I know this was touched on in an earlier thread, but just curious to see if there are still some Redszoners going to the concert on Thursday? Also curious if anyone is making a full day of it and hitting up the Reds/Cubs game at 12:35? Should be a fun day.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dave Matthews Band in Cincinnati 7/21

I'll be at the concert.

Won't make it to the Reds game as I have an hour drive and can only afford to get off work at 11:30. I'll probably end up going down early and chilling before OAR. I definately can't afford to take off more work because I'm also heading up to Alpine this weekend for both of the DMB shows.

Thats cool, I took off the whole day but I think I would rather work until 11:30 then get to go to Alpine. Have fun there.

Me and some friends will be there. We'll be "making a day of it" and seein the game as well. I have a four and a half hour drive however, so we'll be gettin' up early. We already saw DMB in DC earlier this year and it was a good show. We're looking forward to the trip.

I don't have Riverbend tickets but I am also making the trek to Alpine. It's one of the three classic venues to see DMB in (Alpine, Gorge and Red Rocks). I can't wait - especially considering the rare songs that they have been playing in recent weeks. #34, Say Goodbye, What You Are, and You Never Know was played for the first time in a few years in West Palm Beach on Saturday night.

And if anyone has an extra Riverbend ticket let me know

I'm starting to wish we had some east coast tour dates at the end of the tour. DMB seems to be pulling more and more older songs out to compliment the Stand Up songs. I'm thinking the second leg of the tour starting in August will be on fire. I just hope all these rumors about a short winter tour starting around Thanksgiving are true. They will have to hit somewhere close to Ohio and hopefully it will fall over winter break.

And Reds/Flyers Fan, I may have two extra pavillions. Big maybe, but it's possible. I'll try to post if I do but I already promised my friend first choice on them if I do end up having extras.

Also, Reds/Flyers Fan, there is a slight chance that I'll have ONE extra pavilion to sell. If u're interested I'll know for sure whether or not that is the case probably be tomorrow.

Great avatar, too bad you like Dave though.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Saw him in Tampa last week....the first half of the show was great, but then he let his band play extended solos for the pot heads. I didn't mind the second hand smoke, but enough with guitar and drum and viola solos that go on and on

He wouldn't come out for the encore for like 15 minutes and that upset some people.

The first half was so awesome, though.

I got to watch Ben open up for DMB during the "Vote for Change" tour last year. "Twas a great show.

Still got an extra ticket? I'm going with my girlfriend to Alpine but would love to hit them up tomorrow at Riverbend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    Saw him in Tampa last week....the first half of the show was great, but then he let his band play extended solos for the pot heads. I didn't mind the second hand smoke, but enough with guitar and drum and viola solos that go on and on
    They can jam all night as far as I'm concerned. That's what makes this band great -- they couldn't care less if their songs are radio-friendly at 3:30 or less. And while most live songs can be jammed out, even some of the studio songs are great like that -- Lie In Our Graves, Bartender, #41 --> Say Goodbye

I cant wait for tomorrow night it will be my girlfriends first show and if it is even close to the second night in Columbus I will be extremely happen. I smoke no weed and love the long jams, keeps the songs intresting. Halcyon was that the show in at Wright State, if so I was at that and Ben was real good. Actually that whole show was pretty good. Well hope everyone has fun tomorrow night.

Kbrake -- yeah, that was the show at Wright State. Very enjoyable, altho a beast of a drive for me and my friends. Coincidentally, tomorrow nite will be my girlfriend's first show as well.

Reds/Flyers Fan -- unfortunately, my group won't have the extra ticket after all. A member of the group unexpectedly was able to go at the last minute (literally called 3 mins ago). Sorry man.

So where is everyones seats for tomorrow night? I got somewhere in section 700, hopefully I will be able to see the whole stage. Reds/Flyers Fan if you want some tickets let me know, I cant promise you anything but I got a scalper trying to find me some. Same guy that I usually get my Reds tickets from. You will have to pay a little more but just let me know and I can send you his number.

Turn Off Ads?