Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: President Bush to announce new Supreme Court nominee tonight

Re: President Bush to announce new Supreme Court nominee tonight

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    I like to say you all seen a perfect example today on how this administration plays politics with the leaking of a somewhat moderate judge earlier, only to throw the gaunlet down on a wild card no one was expecting. And I'm pretty sure they timed the leak of the chosen one and THEIR TALKING POINT at exactly the right moment to not allow time for any talking head Democrat or Reporter to form an objective analysis of Judge Roberts. I wish the Republicans could run the country as well as they play power politics.
    Huh. You think this thing is going to be over tonight. talking heads and the like will have plenty of time to get their point across. And I guess you didn't see Schumer and Leahy within 30 seconds of the nomination. Looked quite prepared to me. Cmon, the need to just take this to an extreme so fast is sad.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedsFan
    Cmon, the need to just take this to an extreme so fast is sad.
    Good thing you're not a woman or a minority, then. I'm glad you're relaxed. That improves things.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    So a 13 year old girl with no sex education, no regular parents, in and out of foster care, gets pregnant because she either doesn't know about it or can't afford it should be forced to give up her life and her future? Good. Got it.

Boy, I wish the back alley abortion and dumped post-birth babies were a myth, I really do.
    Who is saying she dies here FCB? It's easy going to the extreme to laud your arguement's merits, but that's not where the truth lies. It is not a myth that mothers resorted to extreme measures to end their pregnancies, but it's not the picture that is painted by you and others of an endless factory of death in the nation's streets because abortion was illegal. Uneducated people make mistakes all the time, and saying their lack of education should be covered by a statute that allows them to kill a growing baby. No, not right.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Due to the very sensitive and emotional nature of this subject, please be respectful of others' opinions and responses.

Please don't play a part in setting a new redszone record for getting a political thread locked in the shortest time.
    Last edited by paintmered; 07-19-2005 at 09:57 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    This statement isn't really about abortion. Really.

But for the life of me, I can't figure out how people get pregnant if they don't want to be pregnant. (Not counting rape and incest, of course)

There are zillions of ways not to get pregnant. And I'm not even counting abstinence as one of the zillions. I didn't get pregnant in the 70's, 80's and early 90's cause I didn't want to be pregnant. Pills. Patches. Shots. IUDs. Diaphragms. Sponges. Condoms. Spermicidals. And more.

Okay, that's all. Back to your arguing.
    Yeah, and all those methods cost money. And their use isn't effectively taught in schools. And girls as young as 11-12 get pregnant...all the time. I see it all...the...time.

I don't know 'bout you, but I don't see an 11 year old having the presence of mind to stop mid-stride and break out the diaphragm from the dresser. Maybe that's just me.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered
    Due to the very sensitive and emotional nature of this subject, please be respectful of others' opinions and responses.

Please don't play a part in setting a new redszone record for getting a political thread locked in the shortest time.
    I think this one has the record.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37928

Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedsFan
    Huh. You think this thing is going to be over tonight. talking heads and the like will have plenty of time to get their point across. And I guess you didn't see Schumer and Leahy within 30 seconds of the nomination. Looked quite prepared to me. Cmon, the need to just take this to an extreme so fast is sad.
    No, I didn't see Scumer and Leahy. They weren't on "liberal" MSNBC.

You aren't aware of how first impression on how news events are reported impact the viewing audience?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Yeah, and all those methods cost money. And their use isn't effectively taught in schools. And girls as young as 11-12 get pregnant...all the time. I see it all...the...time.

I don't know 'bout you, but I don't see an 11 year old having the presence of mind to stop mid-stride and break out the diaphragm from the dresser. Maybe that's just me.
    Then take a pill or get a shot (that lasts 3 months).

There are plently of places that supply free birth contol to anyone who walks in the door. I spent 8 years working in psych and social services, I sent lots of girls and women to PP and clinics for birth control.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

There are plently of places that supply free birth contol to anyone who walks in the door. I spent 8 years working in psych and social services, I sent lots of girls and women to PP and clinics for birth control.
    I bet you didn't work in neighborhoods like the ones I work in. Girls that don't know what cable television is or the name of the city's sports teams, girls with severe mental and emotional handicaps. Conjure the worst possible circumstances in your mind, then heap pregnancy on top. That's what I'm talking about.

And birth control pills and shots are just as bad as abortion in some people's minds. They believe that is murder also.
    Last edited by RBA; 07-19-2005 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    And birth control pills and shots are just as bad as abortion in some people's minds. They believe that is murder also.
    and that is the next step to ban those as well...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Sigh, I wonder if I'll ever see the day when men take some responsibility - it's always seem to be up to the female . Hasn't there been any progress on birth control for men?
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    and that is the next step to ban those as well...
    Yep. They want TOTAL control of a woman's right to choose and her access to contraception.

The culture of life. Women need not apply. But what's messed up is the number of women betraying other women by supporting these laws that control the biological and economic destinies of women.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed
    I didnt find traderumors post offensive at all. In fact, I agree with it 100%.
    What I find offensive is that this thread has gone off from talking about a Supreme Court nominee to abortion, and that most of the talking on this subject [except for me and Creek] is done by a bunch of men...

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    What I find offensive is that this thread has gone off from talking about a Supreme Court nominee to abortion, and that most of the talking on this subject [except for me and Creek] is done by a bunch of men...
    I think I have a right to speak out against something that affects the women and girls in my life that I love.

And I think the issue of abortion is germane to a discussion of the next possible Supreme Court nominee.

Turn Off Ads?