Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: July 19th - Reds vs. Cubs

Re: July 19th - Reds vs. Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Nd2
    July 18, 2005 - SportsTicker

Chicago traded OF Jason Dubois to Cleveland for OF Jody Gerut after the game Monday. Dubois played 52 games with the Cubs but was sent to Class AAA Iowa on July 7 with a .239 average and 22 RBI. Gerut started the season on the DL after tearing the ACL in his left knee last September but came back in 2005 to play 44 games with Cleveland.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=chc
    Thanks. I searched the transactions, couldn't find it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Beach Reds
    Thanks. I searched the transactions, couldn't find it.
    No problemo.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

The guy in the striped shirt behind the Reds dugout, who kept waving at the television camera, is rather annoying.

On the other hand, Dunn used a word after his strikeout which sort of looked like he was saying "truck". Hope Creek wasn't watching.
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

--Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Weathers on to pitch. Not sure why, guess so the scouts can see him.

Burnitz walks.

Ramirez hits a bomb. 7-3 Cubs.

That doesn't help Weathers trade value. That is exactly why I wouldn't have brought him in.

A guy in a pink shirt caught the ball, he threw it back. tacky...i mean the shirt.
    Last edited by Jpup; 07-19-2005 at 10:06 PM.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I'm going to puke.

I've had enough of these "fans"

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    Weathers on to pitch. Not sure why, guess so the scouts can see him.
    Hopefully the scouts were all napping when he threw that Danny Graves slider there. Heck, I'm not sure it wasn't just an 87 MPH fastball right at the belt.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Weathers is hurt. uh...oh.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Hello! Chick in the pink! :
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 07-19-2005 at 10:09 PM.

A guy in a pink shirt caught the ball, he threw it back. tacky...i mean the shirt.
    Someone from the bullpen threw the guy a ball to replace the one he threw back. That was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Hello! Chick in the pink! :
    Dude. That was a guy.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Keisler is on to pitch. Hope big Dave is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Dude. That was a guy.

Behind the guy (2 or 3 rows)....trust me, SHE wasn't a guy

It was an amazing leaping one handed grab though.

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    It was an amazing leaping one handed grab though.
    he's probably use to catching balls.

sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Behind the guy (2 or 3 rows)....trust me, SHE wasn't a guy
    I know. It was funny timing because the guy who caught that HR ball was also wearing a pink shirt.

Open door. I had to walk through.

--Ted Williams

Turn Off Ads?