Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Father of 9/11 hijacker warns of 50-year war

Father of 9/11 hijacker warns of 50-year war

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1811

The father of one of the September 11 hijackers said today he had no sorrow for what had happened in London and claimed more terrorist attacks would follow.

Egyptian Mohamed el-Amir, whose son Mohamed Atta commandeered the first plane that crashed into the World Trade Centre in New York, said there was a double standard in the way the world viewed the victims in London and victims in the Islamic world.

El-Amir said the attacks in the US and the July 7 attacks in Britain were the beginning of what would be a 50-year religious war, in which there would be many more fighters like his son.

Speaking to a CNN producer in his apartment in the upper-middle-class Cairo suburb of Giza, he declared that terror cells around the world were a "nuclear bomb that has now been activated and is ticking".

Cursing in Arabic, el-Amir also denounced Arab leaders and Muslims who condemned the London attacks as being traitors and non-Muslims.

He passionately vowed that he would do anything within his power to encourage more attacks.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Father of 9/11 hijacker warns of 50-year war

Now, I'm not for invading countries willy-nilly and getting bogged down in situations we can't hope to control, but I'm all for putting bullets in the heads of certain people and this guy is one of them.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

He says that he will encourage more attacks, I wonder if he will partake in any on his own?

He does raise some points, though. Bush and Co. like to go on about how the world is safer now that we are in Iraq and Afghanistan--but is it really? Iraq has become Breeding Ground #1 for terrorists, as evidenced by the near-daily attacks and suicide bombings there.

And the double standard applied to crimes committed against Muslims and Arabs (some 20,000 Iraqi civlians, for example, have been killed since the beginning of our invasion) versus those committed against western nations.

Mr. El-Amir here may be an evil man, and his stated lack of compassion for the innocent victims of the London attacks belies his own hypocrisy and double standard, but his words bear listening to: we're not going to win this so-called "war on terror" by bombing the terrorists into submission. It is going to require a substantial change in the way the U.S.--and the western world at large--deals with the Middle East.

Otherwise, the London attacks won't be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Now, I'm not for invading countries willy-nilly and getting bogged down in situations we can't hope to control, but I'm all for putting bullets in the heads of certain people and this guy is one of them.
    I hope you've got a bunch of bullets, cuz there's a bunch of heads spouting this stuff.

The dollar. It changes minds. It makes the world a better place. Kill 'em with capitalism, baby.

Next shuffle, deal in the Arab world.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I hope you've got a bunch of bullets, cuz there's a bunch of heads spouting this stuff.

The dollar. It changes minds. It makes the world a better place. Kill 'em with capitalism, baby.

Next shuffle, deal in the Arab world.
    I agree with that approach too, but that's a long-term plan. In the meantime certain people should be disappearing.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I agree with that approach too, but that's a long-term plan. In the meantime certain people should be disappearing.
    I have no problem with a few well-placed and well-timed disappearances.

That's what the CIA's for, IMO.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

"Control, this is XXXXX, we seem to have lost the suspect."
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

What's scary is how many people in this country would be willing to give him his "religious war".

I want no part of it. I'm still stuck in The Enlightenment.

Turn Off Ads?