Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christians plan to take over South Carolina

Christians plan to take over South Carolina

As a Christian myself, I see this as a very bad idea.

http://www.fox21.com/Global/story.as...5&nav=2KPpc7ZV

Plans to reform our government to more Christian-like principles are in the works and we may feel the effects right here in the Upstate. That is because South Carolina has been chosen as the place for hundreds, even thousands of Christians to move to, in hopes of impacting the government. But people who live here have mixed opinions about the Christian Exodus.

Denise Collins-Bennett lives in Florence, SC and says, "I guess it's great to have more Christian groups moving here."

Here, is South Carolina: the chosen location for the Christian Exodus, a non-profit group organizing Christians to move to the Palmetto State to concentrate the number of Christians in one location with the intent to influence how the state governs. A plan that some residents say we need.

"I think it's fantastic, I think we need more of that actually. I don't know which direction our government is heading in, but I think they need Christian influence, it would go a long way, I really think so," says Mauldin resident, Reggie Brown.

Percy Croft of Greenville agrees, "America was founded on Christian principals...people with different views about Christianity, you have them getting into the elected positions and they don't want to see this country stay the way it is, they want it to change...They're getting away from what they were founded on."

But others say a Christian Exodus isn't a good idea.

According to Windy Sizemore of York, SC, "I don't think that any one group trying to take over is good in anything."

DeLane Breen lives in Greenville , she says, "Just the whole planned, big group, I don't know, the concept scares me a little bit and I'm not in favor of it at all."

The Group says they plan on having 2500 Christians moved to South Carolina by September 2006, and will begin several political campaigns at that time. They hope to have a major impact on State government by 2014.

Brown says, "I think it's great, bring them on."

Many others in the Upstate don't agree with Brown’s enthusiasm and say they're against the Exodus, this even includes Christians and Church Leaders and Pastors.

A conference on the Christian Exodus will be held in Greenville at the Hilton October 14-16, space is limited to only 210 people. You can find out more information on the conference and Exodus at www.christianexodus.org.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Christians plan to take over South Carolina

Joke #1 - Christians plan to take over South Carolina? That's redundant.

Joke #2 - The more the merrier and if the state secedes I promise we won't try to stop it this time.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

I've lived there. They can have it.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Man Pills

Scrub pine, golf courses, and putt-putt.

I wonder if everyone was to push hard enough if we could just send the whole state into the Atlantic?

The Palmetto state did produce at least one wonderful thing ----- me!

Parris Island Naval Hospital, 1968.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

I like Myrtle Beach but I wouldn't wanna live there.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Sounds like cult activity moreso than Christian. Escapism and Christianizing government is nothing novel. From the Essenes to monasticism, Christians have wanted to get in their own little huddles to escape the evil world. The only problem is, the Bible says we are to be in the world, but not of the world. People should stay where they're at and tell their neighbor about the Savior of the World, not try to create a Christian utopia.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

I must have missed the part in Church and my Bible where Christians were told to overthrow governments.

This is not Christian like.
    Go Gators!

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I must have missed the part in Church and my Bible where Christians were told to overthrow governments.

This is not Christian like.
    Certainly a confusion of the two kingdoms concept taught in Scripture. The Apostle Peter called us pilgrims long before the Puritans and John Wayne were around. That must be lost on these promoters.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

I like SC.. why all the hate for it?
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Why not try for a Country? Someone worthless. How bout Canada?
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ
    Why not try for a Country? Someone worthless. How bout Canada?
    Nah, America's already cornered the market on worthlessness.

There's actual wildlife in Canada.

Psh that just sounds stupid, aren't Christians supposed to spread the gospel.

A little hard when you are all grouped up together.

South Carolina is a great place to live as it is, I've heard its the best state to live in (in the Eastern USA)...I've only visited, and it was good.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Nah, America's already cornered the market on worthlessness.

There's actual wildlife in Canada.
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

That guy looks like an M&M
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?