Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's going to the Braves Series? Me.

Re: Who's going to the Braves Series? Me.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    Chip, if you haven't bought your tickets yet, can you get me one too? I'll reimburse you. Doesn't matter where I sit. The 60 dollar seats near Kitty is a little steep for me, but if you want to buy tickets that area, I have no objections.
    OK. I'll take care of it.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hotwire shows 2 places in the downtown/riverfront area- a 2 star for mid 40's and a 2 and a half for 63. I've done hotwire back when they split those 2 areas up, but they are a bit more than priceline. Sometimes you can search for rooms in a package with airlines, and it tells you the hotel, and you can compare it to the available hotel only options, but it is kinda risky.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

My research shows the 2 Star is the Terrace Hotel and the 3 Star is the Ramanda.

I liked it when they split the riverfront and downtown area up. Now they are together, and I have never been able to get the KY side with hotwire, and I prefer it. Is the Ramada a former Holiday Inn? Istayed at the one on the north end of downtown off I-75 once, and didn't like the location at all. The Travelodge you have is real near a Hooters- enjoy the wings! You used to be able to see it from Cinergy-it is white. I think there is a White Castle there next door, too.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

That TraveLodge has been there for YEARS. I have a 1971 Reds program that has an ad for the TraveLodge in Newport.

I don't know if it's still around - there used to be a Red Roof or a Days Inn near the Interstate in KY - I think its Exit 187 - it's a 5 min drive into the GABP. Clean & Cheap!
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

typical Travelodge, which means there may be prostitutes.... hanging around
    Cool, maybe I'll run into Chipper Jones Plus it's next to the Hooters.

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    Chip, if you haven't bought your tickets yet, can you get me one too? I'll reimburse you. Doesn't matter where I sit. The 60 dollar seats near Kitty is a little steep for me, but if you want to buy tickets that area, I have no objections.
    $60??? Only if you want right by the dugout. I'm in the Moon Deck at $19.
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 3-4
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 1-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    $60??? Only if you want right by the dugout. I'm in the Moon Deck at $19.
    Section 142, Row G, Seat 18
    Oops, I thought I looked it up and it was near the field. I'll check again.

Oh, I see what I did wrong I misread 142 as 124. I seem to be doing stuff like that a lot.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

We booked the Travel Lodge for a recent bachelor party.

It's kind of a dump but if all you need is a place to sleep for a few hours, it will do.

By the way, even if you are not staying there, you can park in the lot on game days for $3. Not too bad of a walk to the ballpark.

A great thing about the area there (Newport) is all the restaurants and bars. I would reccommend you stop by the Hofbraeuhaus. Good beer, good atmosphere, and only a couple blocks East of the Travel Lodge.

And you can hit White Castle's on the way back to your room.

I think I might go to the Wed game.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Okay Creek, hopefully we will see you there.

According to Chip, our seats are in the same section as Kitty in the Moon Deck. Hopefully I will get a chance and catch an Adam Dunn homer. Creek, you can ask your boyfriend to sign it for me.

GAC, if you can make it down, I'll buy you a beer. And if you want to go to the Thursday game, I'll buy your ticket. (Up to $20)

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

I just put my bid in for the company's tickets for Thursday night. I'll let you know if I was successful tomorrow.
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 3-4
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 1-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Thanks for the invite Rob. I wish i could go, but I'm swamped at work and at home. I've worked the last 3 weeks without a day off. And this week I have JVS orientation for my older boy Aaron, who starts school on the 18th.

Hope you all have a grand time. Pick me up a Perez Bobblehead.

I do want to come down one more time though. I'm looking at Friday, September 9th versus the Pirates.

Anyone else interested?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?