Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Padres Fans Reactions To Sean Casey Rumor

Romans 10:9

Padres Fans Reactions To Sean Casey Rumor

Here is what Padres Fans are saying about a rumor of te Padres showing interest in Sean Casey. Big Donkey posted this rumor on the other board.

"Postgame guys mentioned that trading for Casey is still fairly hot on the rumor mill."

"Trading for another first baseman keeps Klesko in the outfield and Nady out of the lineup. Just like with the Snow rumor, it's a guy I wouldn't mind having but it seems kind of pointless."

"Casey in exchange for what though? Nevin already vetoed a trade a couple years ago, so it's not likely he would go there now and he would be the only player that would make sense. Maybe the reds would be the third team in the trade and Ponson would be shipped off to the reds, they need pitching don't they?"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Padres Fans Reactions To Sean Casey Rumor

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Freak
    "Casey in exchange for what though? Nevin already vetoed a trade a couple years ago, so it's not likely he would go there now and he would be the only player that would make sense. Maybe the reds would be the third team in the trade and Ponson would be shipped off to the reds, they need pitching don't they?"
    Jesus, I pray that that's the deal. In fact, if it happens I might believe in DanO again. Not that I think Ponson is the answer, but he's more of an answer than prospects that may or may not work out.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Romans 10:9

I'd do Casey straight up for Burroughs. You can them try to spin Burroughs somewhere this Winter or keep him as insurance if EdE turns out to be Willie Greene II (which I don't think he will be). Not sure the Padres would do this deal though unless the Reds kicked in some financial aid.

I wouldn't trade Casey for anyone right now.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

On the brink of disaster

It would be pointless to trade for another 3rd baseman. I don't know why you would send the message to Encarnacion that we don't fully trust his abilities, so we are bringing in a backup player "just in case." To me, when the Reds traded Randa today, that is showing that they think Edwin is ready and they put their trust in his ability to play at the Major League level. They have made that decision so they must stick by it and live with the consequences (good or bad). Besides, Encarnacion will go through some good and some bad times, you just have to ride it out and hope that the bad will be less numerous. Oh, and I do like the sound of Ponson, as long as you make Kearns teach him how to lose some weight!

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500
    Anyone on the Padres, or anyone period? Because that's crazy. (Either way)

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

And im glad you arent DanO then.

I'd trade Casey first chance, any gm would.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Right now I would trade Casey for nothing. It would be the equivalent of trading Casey for Austin Kearns and a long-term deal for Adam Dunn.

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    any gm would.
    John Hart did, Jim Bowden didn't. So far Dan O'Brien hasn't

The '98 Padres went to the WS with Joyner playing 1b. The '90 Reds won with Morris; Wally and Hal were similar to Sean as hitters. Casey's not dragging the Red's offense down, they're leading the NL. Put Casey on a team with pitching and he'll make contact w/RISP, drive in runs and contribute to a playoff contender

Just like in '99
    Never overlook the obvious

Dan O is dumb, probably worse than Bowden.

He probably will trade Casey.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

just got done watching the fox california sports report and they brought up the casey to san diego trade rumor. i guess its up to the nevin trade to baltimore going through. that being said i don't think nevin will go.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

GM, to me it comes down to Trade Casey or Trade Dunn..and to me that's an easy choice.

We still have 5 guys for 4 spots..trade Casey and we can move Dunn to 1st and have Pena and Kearns with JR in the outfield.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421
    Right now I would trade Casey for nothing. It would be the equivalent of trading Casey for Austin Kearns and a long-term deal for Adam Dunn.

DING! DING! DING!

i would take xavier nady for him straight up and then turn around and lock up kearns, dunn and pena long term.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan
    Jesus, I pray that that's the deal. In fact, if it happens I might believe in DanO again. Not that I think Ponson is the answer, but he's more of an answer than prospects that may or may not work out.
    The Reds would be better getting nothing than Ponson. He's horrible and makes 8.5 Million a year.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?