Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Britney Spears to give birth LIVE on television

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Britney Spears to give birth LIVE on television

It's been my experience that babies pay no attention to their due date and arrive without any regard for the time of day. Therefore, how can we possibly be expected to Tivo this live event?
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    It's been my experience that babies pay no attention to their due date and arrive without any regard for the time of day. Therefore, how can we possibly be expected to Tivo this live event?
    Britney can schedule a C-Section.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    I've recently learned the new thing is to schedule induction a week before the due date. Seems all the Dr's around here are doing it. That way they can have more control over their schedules. Guess it's time to buy stock in whatever company produces pitocin.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    If that's the route she goes, then I don't think anyone who is squeamish (like me) will want to watch. I have to turn my head from some of the special effects on ER. No way do I want to watch a C-section. <shudder>
    /r/reds

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    I've recently learned the new thing is to schedule induction a week before the due date. Seems all the Dr's around here are doing it. That way they can have more control over their schedules. Guess it's time to buy stock in whatever company produces pitocin.
    Boy, I have mixed feelings about that.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    I've heard this was being done for Hollywood types a few weeks before the due date. The schedule argument is a red herring–this is being done to minimize stretch marks.

I think we discussed this in the thread once.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    I've heard this was being done for Hollywood types a few weeks before the due date. The schedule argument is a red herring–this is being done to minimize stretch marks.

I think we discussed this in the thread once.
    Well I know a woman who had this done last week. She wasn't that thrilled with the idea (I'm guessing you have never had pitocin, un) But this was the Dr's policy. With her it had nothing to do with stretch marks.

Plus the stretch marks are there well before week 39.

I have mixed feelings just like GL. I had a planned c-section (creek jr was transverse and 10lbs - too big to turn). His due date was 4 Jun, we waited until 31 May for the section because both the Dr and I wanted his lungs to be as mature as possible. A due date is a due date. I don't think anyone needs to be messing with the time it takes for a baby to mature.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

After making a tasteless comment about finding out whether Britney is a real blonde,
    That's funny.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    I can't believe she's even thinking of using the birth of her baby to make money and increase her popularity etc..,

How utterly self-centered of her.

Sad.
    Dear CrackerJack:

We are little taken aback by the forcefulness of your comments. Can you really fault Britney for simply giving the public what they want?

Sincerely,

Trista and Ryan

Not Laughing

My wife had a C-Section with Baby BuckU in March. Around 10p.m. the Doctor conveniently scheduled an operation at 10:30. My wife was dilated to 7 and making good progress. Suddenly the Doctor tells us his news. It wasn’t till after the fact that we both wondered why he scheduled it. It seemed as if he didn’t want to be come in late or in the middle of the night so he just got it over with.

We just feel he screwed the whole thing up by giving her Pitocin as soon as we got to the hospital since she was on the Pitocin she wasn’t able to be out of her bed and get an assist from gravity.

Bad, bad, experience. (not the hospital but my wife’s OB)
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Turn Off Ads?