Turn Off Ads?

Thread: My Little League Season

My Little League Season

I thought I would share my Little League experiences this season. I am 12 so I was in typical Little League, sadly we won't make it to the World Series on ESPN. My school [Southwestern] had enough players for 2 teams. My team obviously had a better draft. The other Southwestern team had 0 wins, while we went 7-9. We faced bigger schools than us so it is not as bad as it sounds . Here is a brief rundown of our lineup:

C/P Hunter Hockema- Good catcher who can draw a walk with some pop in his bat. Decent pitcher.
    2B/SS/P Travis Baugh aka me - I had a lot of singles, no extra base hits. Think of Casey with more speed and not as nice . I also did a good job bunting Hunter over. I was a pretty good pitcher, and could field well too.
    SS/P Jordan Wang- His dad wants him to play in the Majors and really pushes him. He has tremendous talent. He is a 5-tool guy Dano would love him . But when he does bad he gets so mad and sad its not funny. I would pat him on the back and he would say go away . But he did great. He even had 16 k's in a 6 inning game .
    1B/P Dylan Hockema Hunter's older brother. He was a great cleanup hitter with some power. Made some great scoops at 1st base. An all-around great player.
    3B/2B/1B Levi Bilyeu- He was alot like Dylan with a bit more pop in his bat. He was a great hitter and was fine in the field.
    3B/OF Blake Ford- Pretty good player who had some big hits. He was a great 3rd baseman.
    RF Dustin Kult- A hit or miss lefty. He wasn't exactly our best fielder but he held his own.
    CF/P Zach Benjiman- He is a 10 year old, no clue why he played in our league.But he was pretty good for a 10 year old. We had to pitch the younger guys a certain amount of innings and Zach and Hunter got the job done.
    OF Nathan Ulmer- He wasn't too shabby and was decent. He liked Yugioh and liked to talk about that in the dugout which was interesting.
    LF- Jake Anthrop- Last and least good ol Jake. He was an automatic strikeout but he was a nice kid. He made 2 catches in Left and did a bellydance after he caught them . It was pretty darn funny.
    Jacob Blackburn- He wanted to join our team in the middle of the season and our coach let him. In practice, his 1st by the way, we had to run around the bases once. Well Jacob's mom had stayed to watch the team practice. After touching home plate he said his asthma was acting up. He was overdramtizing we later found out. But anyways, he ran to his mom's van and never came back.

Wel here is some extra stuff about that Travis Baugh kid . I pitched 11 innings in the season, largely because 11 year olds had to pitch alot, and Dylan and Jordan pitched most of the 12 year old innings. My 1st outing I came in with the bases loaded and 0 outs. I struck out the 1st kid looking. The next kid hit a popup between our 2nd baseman and Shortstop and they collided and the ball hit the ground :thumbdown . The ump called the Infield Fly Rule but the runners still advanced. I struck out one of the league's best players next with my 50-55 mph cheese . Then I threw a wild pitch and the guy on 3rd thought he would be able to score on it . In the words of Lee Corso, not so fast my friend. So I did pretty good that outing. Next one I got rocked to say the least. I allowed 16 runs, but our defense made 14 errors . Still I could have done better. Only around 5 were earned. Next is my favorite part . Last game of the season, coach puts me on the hill. I pitched a complete game shutout and only allowed 2 hits . Not bad for me.

My batting average was 472, good for 3rd on the team behind Jordan and Dylan.Sorry this was a bit lengthy, but I wanted to express my love for baseball. I am enjoying every minute of baseball I can. Thank you for reading! And go Reds .

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Re: My Little League Season

Quote Originally Posted by gitrdunn44
    Sorry this was a bit lengthy, but I wanted to express my love for baseball. I am enjoying every minute of baseball I can. Thank you for reading! And go Reds .
    I really enjoyed your post, feel free to keep us updated.

Sometimes us older guys/gals need you younger guys/gals to remind us that the game is not only played down in Cincinnati, but in backyards and local ball diamonds all over the place.

I am glad to hear you had fun this year.

GL

edit - Came back to give you some rep pts.
    Last edited by gonelong; 07-25-2005 at 10:54 AM.

You are obviously a very smart 12 year old - I mean look at your user name!!

Thanks for your post, like GL said - those of us with a *few* years on you sometimes need to be reminded of the joy of baseball.

Keep up the good work.

(Oh and glad you have more speed than Casey)
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Birthday:
    February 19, 1980

we've all been had.

Maybe gitrdunn44 is related to that kid from the Bronx who was 20 years old and pitching on the LLWS a few years ago.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I know some forums you have to be a certain age to post so that's why I put that. I edited it to 1993 though. Thanks Creek. Your pretty smart for a .... wait how old are you

Cool report.

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I know some forums you have to be a certain age to post so that's why I put that. I edited it to 1993 though. Thanks Creek. Your pretty smart for a .... wait how old are you
    I love this guy. Keep the updates coming. Some of us are still trying to live vicariously through youth baseball !!

Football starts soon. I can blog my quest for starting quarterback on here if you guys want.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Sneaky little bas.... I stand corrected, maybe??

Turn Off Ads?