Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kings Island question?

Kings Island question?

Was thinking of taking the kids to King's Island this summer. I really haven't been there since about 1992 or so.

I was thinking about going on a Wednesday in hopes of having smaller crowds.

How bad is it there? We went to Geogga Lake last year (or whatever it is called now), and it was pure hell. Waiting over an hour for the bloody Ferris wheel, and every other kid ride. With lunch, we only got to ride 5 rides the whole day.

Note, I have small kids, so we are only going to be riding kids rides. Are the lines reasonable? Because I really don't want to stand in the sun all day for 5 kids rides.

Any insider info would be appreciated.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Kings Island question?

I haven't been to K.I. this year, but went last year. Some of the lines in Hanna Barbarra land (or whatever its called now) are somewhat long, like 30-40 minutes, but most of them are under 10 minutes, and I haven't been on a weekday, that's on the weekend. Maybe someone that has been recently can offer more info, but I can almost guarantee you that your experience will be better than Geauga Lake.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I haven't gone for a couple years (have a season pass a few times and it gets old fast) but the best advice is to go right when the gates open. It will still be crowded, but you can beat out a lot of the traffic that gets there (foolishly) in the middle of the day. Hit the big, longwait rides first and save the smaller stuff for later on. But since it's kids rides, you should probably do pretty good if you go early on a weekday.

I pity anyone going out in this heat to a place like that. Be prepared to buy a lot of soda/ice cream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Let's stop talking about those people and shun them as they deserve.

Joey is a Red for life. I really don't care if there are people that don't like it.

If you go during the week, the lines are generally short.
    Makes all the routine posts.

I went 10 days ago on a Thursday, pretty empty IMO.

BTW I no longer am enamored by rollercoasters.

Just about any Saturday is poison. Last year, we went the last Saturday before school started and it was miserable. Normally, traffic backs up a little on the off-ramp from I-71 NB at the K.I. exit. On THIS day, the NB lanes were backed up two miles from the off ramp. If we hadn't had a car full of children, I would have turned around and headed home--but they would have rioted.

I vowed I would not return again unless it was during the week.

Yep, go in early, avoid the weekends, and avoid the "bring a friend free" days. They tend to get jammed up pretty good. Also, go after it rains. Bad weather keeps crowds way down.

Bring your bathing suits and do the Boomerang Bay water park as well (part of KI and part of your price of admission). Lots of little kid stuff there to do as well.

We get passes every year (we live about 2-3 miles away from KI). The kids go with friends all the time but I don't go all that often (I've ridden a roller coaster before).

We get a gold pass with free parking early on in the winter and its just about as cheap as a Mason city pool pass. So we just go to KI instead.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    Yep, go in early, avoid the weekends, and avoid the "bring a friend free" days. They tend to get jammed up pretty good. Also, go after it rains. Bad weather keeps crowds way down.

Bring your bathing suits and do the Boomerang Bay water park as well (part of KI and part of your price of admission). Lots of little kid stuff there to do as well.

We get passes every year (we live about 2-3 miles away from KI). The kids go with friends all the time but I don't go all that often (I've ridden a roller coaster before).

We get a gold pass with free parking early on in the winter and its just about as cheap as a Mason city pool pass. So we just go to KI instead.
    Bring extra shirts and socks and shoes for the I'm now too wet to enjoy this crap moments.

Tuesday and Thursday are the least crowded days for amusement parks. (I work at one)

Monday, beginning of the weak, people take off for 3 day weekend.
    Wednesday, middle of the week, people take off.
    Friday, almost weekend.

The reasoning behind it is just my guess.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Time is the Revelator.

http://www.disboards.com/

I'd take a look around those boards for anymore info. That place is awesome.

edit: thanks for the tips everyone!
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

To anyone who may be going in the near future... we found out that if you go to any concession stand and ask for ice water they have to give it to you free. In this heat, and a way to save some money, that was good to know. We also ate our meals outside the park at the local FF restaurants.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

ok, so i'm planning on going tomorrow. it's supposed to rain.. should we reschedule? or could it still be fun in the rain? i live 3 hours away, so i don't really want to get there and just turn around and go home.
    suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by ABEsolutely
    ok, so i'm planning on going tomorrow. it's supposed to rain.. should we reschedule? or could it still be fun in the rain? i live 3 hours away, so i don't really want to get there and just turn around and go home.
    suggestions?
    According to NWS at http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClic...=150&map.y=156, the local KI rain is supposed to be tonight and mostly before 4 PM tomorrow. The rugged stuff looks like mainly tonight.

Like I mentioned before, the crowds go way down when it rains. But then of course, you run the chance of getting wet. So either come early and take your chances or wait till later.

One other thing, you can keep stuff in your car (like dry clothes and food) and then get a hand stamp to exit and re-enter the park.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

The old Urban legend is that Wednesday is gay day at PKI. Dont wear Red

Turn Off Ads?