Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: July 25th - Reds vs. Dodgers

Re: July 25th - Reds vs. Dodgers

Man, the L.A. news promo's are really harping on an Adam Dunn to Dodgers possibility. I wish if something was gonna happen it would just happen so I can stop thinking about it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red
    Man, the L.A. news promo's are really harping on an Adam Dunn to Dodgers possibility. I wish if something was gonna happen it would just happen so I can stop thinking about it.
    What are they saying?

Is anyone planning on watching the post game show to hear what they say, and if you do, will you post it here?

The thought of Dunn going to LA or Houston is just marrow-shrinkingly horrible. Both have pure fecal matter or overhyped fecal matter in their farm. Like I said some time ago, if Dunn goes to a team for a bunch of prospects, I'm takin' a break (a long break) from the Reds. That would immediately catapult their timetable for competition well into the next decade.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Rally!
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    What are they saying?
    Just typical news promo stuff to get people to watch. Example: "Tune in to see if the Dodgers make any deadline moves, and see if one of the Reds big bats will be involved." As a picture of Dunn swinging comes onto the screen.

Not much Joy in Mudville tonight Reds fans. Tommorow will be better. (Glass is almost half-full. Maybe not almost half-full, but closer to half-full than half-empy.) Good night.

Aurilia and Kearns bump into each other, and a routine flyball falls in between them. Nice.
    Vin Scully: "It doesn't necessarily take two men to catch a pop fly."
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

All dyslexics must untie!

Narron (to himself) "Dunn batted 2nd, we got shut out. Throw away that lineup, it's a jinx"
    Never overlook the obvious

Typical 1st game on the coast for the Reds, I've spent the majority of my adult life watching the Reds play half asleep in their first game on the coast.

Fly in late, eat a big lunch get to the park and your body still thinks you're in the midwest... except the weather is way nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Typical 1st game on the coast for the Reds, I've spent the majority of my adult life watching the Reds play half asleep in their first game on the coast.

Fly in late, eat a big lunch get to the park and your body still thinks you're in the midwest... except the weather is way nicer.
    Just what I was thinking, WOY. All my life I have loathed these west coast games but loved the Dodger games. We've never done that great on west coast trips and probably what you say has a lot to do with it. If we could just make a rule that all games are played at 10 AM (PST) maybe we'd be used to it before the third game out there.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

We need an off day before we start these west coast trips
    Go Gators!

Did anyone see Lowes thumb? it was split open/bloody Id be surprised if he made his next start.

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    Did anyone see Lowes thumb? it was split open/bloody Id be surprised if he made his next start.
    Didn't seem to be affecting his nasty sinker

OTOH, if Kearns' thumb looked like that, Austin would be done for the year
    Never overlook the obvious

Derek Lowe developed a blister on his thumb during his outing tonight, but he expects to make his start Sunday.
    It's nothing Lowe hasn't dealt with before. ''This is something I've had for four years, unfortunately, and that's why I didn't go out for the ninth inning,'' Lowe said

Turn Off Ads?