Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rep Points

Rep Points

I was wondering if they are still being given out, I have been @ 94 for a long time, I was getting them quite frequently for the first few weeks, and then i haven't gotten any positive/negative...just trying to get over to the big board, have been a member on Redszone for a longtime

(I am being serious, this isn't a post to make people mad)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rep Points

Yep, they're still giving them out

All I can suggest is that you try to post more often. I give out all five of mine on Live every day, but I got to see you post to give them to you
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I think you get more if you get an angle that nobody else has thought of, and you write about it, and you get some attention.
    If you take the time to do research, you can really score big, like the recent guy who did an analysis of whether GAB is really the bandbox everybody says it is. He zoomed to over 200 so fast he didn't stop to smell the roses.
    Personally, I'm going to do an analysis on Petco Park: a new Bandbox is created!

I'm sure this has been explained multiple times, but what are the purpose of the rep points?

purpose of rep points, if you reach 200 points, you are able to give others positive/negative rep points, also, you are able to post in the "Old Red Guard" forum (this forum is dedicated for posters with 200 or more rep points)

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

I will freely admit that I have been bad about giving any out lately. I have been busy doing other things but there also hasnt been any attention getting threads made by any Live! folks. Not saying that the place is filled with nonsense, its definately not...just that I havent been very impressed with the dialogue lately from a deep thought standpoint.

Look at trends, stats, minor leaguers, rookies, veterans, etc etc etc...post your opinions on any of that based on the subject you pick and ask for some debate, opinions or agreement. Do it with quality and ill be giving it out.

Quote Originally Posted by butlerbulldogs
    this forum is dedicated for posters with 200 or more rep points
    As it should be, because those are all the established and superior posters on this site whom we can only hope to some day be on the same level as and share the same sort of brilliance .

Ex-Tree

Quote Originally Posted by Ben from Cincy
    As it should be, because those are all the established and superior posters on this site whom we can only hope to some day be on the same level as and share the same sort of brilliance .
    That's a 15-yard penalty. Excessive Brown-Nosing. We'll mark it off from the spot of the foul. Oops, wrong season.

Just a note, you don't ALWAYS have to give out your 5 rep a day

Guess this thread is a good thing..he went from 94 to 158
    Go Gators!

I found that a good way to get rep points is always check and see if anyone was on CHAT during gamethreads. It's easier to sort of establish a rapport w/ everyone there. That way when you post, they'll recognize your name, and say "Hey, I like that guy." That's how I did it anyways. As it is in life, it's all about getting your name out there.

WAGS

hay guys whats going on in this thread

hhahahah

Ahhh Now why didn't I think about making a thread just to get me some points??

*hint hint*
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

I give rep for two things mainly, being insightful and sticking to your guns when someone disagrees with you. And sometimes I'm just in a good mood and someone is the lucky recipient of some rep (like the other day someone got some when I was showing a friend how it worked). I also tend to give them out to people who do play-by-plays in the game threads.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

You owe me...I put you over the top.

Turn Off Ads?