Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Child left beside the road in Virginia

Child left beside the road in Virginia

http://www.wtopnews.com/?sid=547456&nid=25

This child is very luck to be alive. He was left on the DC beltway which is always very congested. The mother should be put away forever.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Child left beside the road in Virginia

Lock her up for life
    Go Gators!

I hate reading this stuff......
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Unbelievable
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Hmm ... let's explore her options:

a) Once again tell child to sit down
    b) Threaten child with possible punishment
    c) Pull car over and reprimand child
    d) Pull car over and push child out leaving him stranded and terrorified on a busy expressway

Green was found several hours later. She was arrested near Richmond following a car accident.
    You know she was high.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I lived in NoVa for three years and I know exactly where that overpass is located.

For those of you who don't know, I will try to compare it to somewhere in Ohio. Imagine a highway with the same number of lanes (4) as the 270 Beltway in Columbus. Imagine about double the volume of traffic going bumper-to-bumper. Now, factor in the Maryland drivers driving worse that Columbus drivers. They try to change lanes aggressively, but there is no room to do so. Nevertheless, they do it anyway, causing dozens of accidents per day. Factor in the semi trucks which travel on and clog the beltway because it it the only way to get from NC/VA to Maryland and the Eastern Sea Board. And, factor in the entrances and exits being on both sides. Many people try to use the left lane as the fast lane and end up causing major headaches and road rages.

The volume of traffic is that area is comparable and similar to any congested area in any of Ohio's three big C's. The difference is the fact that the traffic volume is pretty much the same at all points of the Beltway, not just major interchanges. Major interchanges can be absolute hell during rush hours with traffic starting and stopping the entire length of highway.

There is almost no way this kid could have froggered his way off the highway. He was trapped in temperatures that probably approached 110-120 degrees and he was breathing in all the exhaust fumes.

From the article:

"The child was left along Interstate 495 near the Lee Highway overpass in Falls Church after 10 p.m. Tuesday."

"Green was found several hours later. She was arrested near Richmond following a car accident."

For those of you not familiar with the metro-DC area, Mapquest says that Richmond VA is about 100 miles from Falls Church VA. In Ohio-speak, that's akin to tossing the kid out in Columbus, and then driving down to Cincinnati.

It's tough to ever think that a kid shouldn't be with his or her mother.

But on the surface, this sure seems like a case where the little boy's safety would be jeopardized by returning him to a mother who makes those kinds of decisions.

I have two small children and while it can be hard sometimes to get them to listen, I'm aghast at what this woman did. She should not get this child back and she should be in prison for a long time. Won't this do great harm to this child for the rest of his life?

Next thing you know is her lawyer will argue that she watched the episode of Desperate Housewives when Felicity Huffman let her kids out of the car because they wouldn't listen, and thought it would be an idea to get him to listen. I really do dislike morons. This lady is a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Hap
    I lived in NoVa for three years and I know exactly where that overpass is located.

For those of you who don't know, I will try to compare it to somewhere in Ohio. Imagine a highway with the same number of lanes (4) as the 270 Beltway in Columbus. Imagine about double the volume of traffic going bumper-to-bumper. Now, factor in the Maryland drivers driving worse that Columbus drivers. They try to change lanes aggressively, but there is no room to do so. Nevertheless, they do it anyway, causing dozens of accidents per day. Factor in the semi trucks which travel on and clog the beltway because it it the only way to get from NC/VA to Maryland and the Eastern Sea Board. And, factor in the entrances and exits being on both sides. Many people try to use the left lane as the fast lane and end up causing major headaches and road rages.
    You know, though, I drive the beltway on a daily basis, as well as 270 (artery leading to the Maryland suburbs out of D.C.) and I honestly don't see too many accidents. People driving erratically? Yep. Too fast? Yep. Not paying attention? Yep. but, considering all that, amazingly few accidents. I think I witnessed more accidents on I-270 in Columbus than I have on the Capital Beltway.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    You know, though, I drive the beltway on a daily basis, as well as 270 (artery leading to the Maryland suburbs out of D.C.) and I honestly don't see too many accidents. People driving erratically? Yep. Too fast? Yep. Not paying attention? Yep. but, considering all that, amazingly few accidents. I think I witnessed more accidents on I-270 in Columbus than I have on the Capital Beltway.
    I used to drive it a lot when I lived in Fredericksburg, and I agree, but when there is an accident, it generally is a doosy.

Wow. What a mess. Some people have absolutely no business reproducing.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I hope she gets her kid taken away for her. Abandoning a 4 year old with no intention of coming back? Horrible.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?