Turn Off Ads?

Thread: New board policy on game threads

New board policy on game threads

All,

In an attempt to further promote discussion and interaction, GIK and I have decided we will no longer have separate game threads on each forum (The Old Red Guard and Reds! Live). The reasoning for this is simple - the number of posts/views that the game threads in the Live! forum have been getting lately is minimal. I think giving anyone that has registered, and thus, has the ability to post on the Live! forum the ability participate in the game thread is a good thing. As a result, we will have one game thread that is stickied in the Reds Live! forum so that all can post, if he or she is so inclined. However, I do want to emphasize that I don't want to see a return of the same style game threads that necessitated the need for separate forums in the first place (i.e. "XXX sucks! Fire him! Release him!", et. all.) In short, no reactionary, baseless ranting along these lines, please. I haven't seen much of this on either forum's game thread lately, so I don't think it will be a problem. This policy only applies to game threads; the forums will remain separate, as I think it's been a much needed move that has worked out well for the site.

Feel free to discuss.

Boss

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: New board policy on game threads

...raises hand....

I don't get it.

Where will the game thread be and who can post to it?

I think that's a good idea. Kind of like a RZ mixer.

This means that the gamethreads will only be allowed in the Reds Live! Forum, correct?
    School's out. What did you expect?

I really like the change Boss. I quit posting on the game threads for Live the last couple days because it was beginning to feel like I was talking to myself with everyone else over at the Guard. I look foward to seeing everyone on the same game board, it should bring some really spirited game threads.

Quote Originally Posted by red-in-la
    ...raises hand....

I don't get it.

Where will the game thread be and who can post to it?
    Oops, I forgot to mention the most important part of the message; I've edited the original post. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro

This means that the gamethreads will only be allowed in the Reds Live! Forum, correct?
    Correct

Good call, I too used to post on the game threads in Reds Live, but quit because it was so inactive in the last month or so. Good move as usual Mods!
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    All the ORG members will be on one side of the room and the Reds Live members will all be on the other side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Works for me.

Just a suggestion, maybe have a new folder under Baseball for Game Threads at the same level as Reds Live and ORG (and the fantasy league one).
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    All the ORG members will be on one side of the room and the Reds Live members will all be on the other side.
    I also think that this will give deserving posters on Live better opportunity to gain rep points as a lot of us will be around to see what they are posting more often.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Time is the Revelator.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Being demoted never felt better.

Great idea, Boss
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Thats a great idea. I kept trying to keep up with 2 game threads. This way everyone can participate.

Sounds good. I will contribute

Good call Boss...we can all hang out in RL for one thread
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?