Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Raisor's Pyth Thm of Baseball and the Nationals

Re: Raisor's Pyth Thm of Baseball and the Nationals

The Nats have lost 7 of 10 and are only 1.5 games in front of Atlanta.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Nationals Update 7/20/05:

Nationals now have lost 8 of last 11 and 10 of their last 14 games. Atlanta now 0.5 Games back and even in the Win column.

Livan Hernandez angry but won't tell anyone why. Rumors swirl it's because Jose Guillen stole his Mike Scioscia punching bag and budges in the postgame buffet line.

Frank Robinson moves Mike Scioscia punching bag to clubhouse chapel and is overheard yelling at it after games.

Guillen flips out and confronts Robinson for removing punching bag without his knowledge. Robinson snaps and tells Guillen that, if he doesn't shut up, he'll suspend him. Guillen responds with, "Old man, I've been suspended by PLAYOFF teams so you can't tell me what to do!!!"

Nick Johnson and Brad Wilkerson attempt to intervene, but Guillen pulls a switchblade on them and tells them to back off. When asked what they've ever done to Guillen to make him behave this way, Jose calls them both pansies for taking too many walks and demands they stop doing it because it insults his "game".

When Johnson asks Jose what the heck he's talking about, Guillen pulls out a five-page letter from his back pocket and tells Johnson that someone sent him something called KRISP that proves their walks are soft and that they are unmanly. When asked about the lipstick and perfume on the letter, Guillen mutters something and turns to walk away, but forgets that he already had an altercation going with Robinson.

Robinson, having now completely lost it, summarily crunches Guillen flush with a metal stool he pulled from the trainers room while Guillen was distracted. Unfortunately, the chair loses the battle as Robinson strikes Guillen in the only place he cannot do any more damage- Guillen's head.

Guillen, more shocked than dazed, bursts into tears and screams, "I'm telling DAD!!!!" before running out of the room.

Bowden starts feeling like his leather pants are riding up in the nether regions.

When that clubhouse finally blows up, folks, it's going to be a sight to behold.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Stupid pythagorean theorem, always identifying teams likely to regress to the norm.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Update time:

Nationals are 3-10 since the All-Star break, and trail 4-1 in the 5th inning today. A loss today drops them three behind Atlanta and into a possible tie in the wildcard.

I guess "Raisor's Pyth Thm" isn't so stupid afterall? Someone owes Raisor an apology...

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    I guess "Raisor's Pyth Thm" isn't so stupid afterall? Someone owes Raisor an apology...
    Don't hold your breath.

Damn math.
    School's out. What did you expect?

The Gnats are finished. The smoke and mirrors was only going to last so long and the regression to the mean has come hard and fast.

How soon people forgot the lesson of the 2004 Reds and their flirtation with 1st place well into June. Somehow I don't think BF will take the opportunity to stop by and dine on some crow.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin
    This will be a funny thread when it is brought back up in about a month.
    looks like it didnt take a month to be funny...
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

This thread is a classic and belongs in the archives.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    The Gnats are finished. The smoke and mirrors was only going to last so long and the regression to the mean has come hard and fast.

How soon people forgot the lesson of the 2004 Reds and their flirtation with 1st place well into June. Somehow I don't think BF will take the opportunity to stop by and dine on some crow.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Maybe Bowden is on a quest to beat Pythag. He's baseball's Smeagols.

Oh, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy. The Pythag is a cruel taskmaster with many challengers and so few have overcome it. How dare you think you could overcome it with Guzman, Castilla, and Loaiza. Even an impressive home field advantage cannot overcome The Formula. Your demise was inevitable.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Heard them waxxing about the Nats misfortune of late in one run games. Who was it that said, over time teams tend to be ~.500 in one run games whether the team is good, or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by ochre
    Who was it that said, over time teams tend to be ~.500 in one run games whether the team is good, or bad?
    Had to be Raisor. Since it's his pyth thm and all.

Turn Off Ads?