Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your favorite episode of WKRP in Cincinnati?

Re: What is your favorite episode of WKRP in Cincinnati?

Oh btw - any WKRP thread I'm sure will get some form of Bailey vs. Jennifer debate. Here's a picture of Jan Smithers to get us through for the purposes of said above.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Oh btw - any WKRP thread I'm sure will get some form of Bailey vs. Jennifer debate. Here's a picture of Jan Smithers to get us through for the purposes of said above.
    Oh, Jennifer hands down...and Mary Ann.

Together.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I don't remember the one with the defector. I thought that was a Barney Miller episode? Did they rip that off?
    It was Episode 39, airing in January of 1980.

http://epguides.com/WKRPinCincinnati/guide.shtml

Apparently, they have taken all references to "Tiny Dancer" out of the reruns due to legal issues.

I don't know about the Barney Miller thing, though.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Arcanum Ohio via Nashville Tn and Jackson MS.

Two other episodes worth mention, When Johnny told Less about the Bermuda Triangle and that Ohio had one also that ran from Cincinnati up to Dayton and over to Columbus and back. Less went storming into Carlsons office worried over the fact that his Mother lived in Dayton.

And the time a day before Christmas and every one was leaving but some could not get a plane ticket, Less told them they should have planed ahead, he in fact had a round NON/STOP ticket to Dayton. Ah Less, and too many good ones to ever forget. The best sit/com ever on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack
    It's a shame series like "Night Court" have full seasons out on DVD but not WKRP.

Go to Amazon.com, search for it under DVD, and it'll give you an option to put your e-mail address in there to vote for it's production and also be notified if it ever comes out.
    I understand that since the show used so many popular songs that the licensing is too expensive/costly.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I understand that since the show used so many popular songs that the licensing is too expensive/costly.
    Thanks, saw someone else mention that also on Amazon.com, I don't really get it. Do other stations who re-broadcast or syndicate the show also have to pay for each and every song that was ever played on it? Some kind of royalty situation? How utterly ridiculous.

Did the original contracts really account for DVD sales in the year 2005? (or anything close to it)

I just have a hard time believing that's the case, but for all I know it's true.

My favorite episode other than the obvious Turkey Drop (which is in my opinion the funniest sitcom show ever) is the phone cop episode. Johnny ranting about how the phone cops dont mess around killed me. I also like the episode where a DJ was using cocaine and told Carlson that it was foot powder and he was putting it on his feet when Venus told him what it was he started yelling "I have a monkey on my foot".
    Classic show and I wish it would come out on dvd or atleast nick at nite or Tvland.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia
    I wish it would come out on dvd or atleast nick at nite or Tvland.
    It's on rotation on TV Land/Nick at nite. They'll show it for six months or so, then rotate it out with another show for awhile..

It's been awhile since it was on, so it might be due to be rotated back in.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Yes, but they finally released Miami Vice on DVD, so theres always hope.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

I like the "Fish Story" episode where Herb dressed up as the WKRP Carp mascot. I remember him trying to use the washroom but the zipper of his outfit was stuck or something like that. There was another radio station mascot that he got into a tussle with as well. Pretty funny.

Incidentally, in the TV Guide Special Issue of Winter 2001/2002, they listed the "Top 10 Episodes That Had Us In Stitches".

Beating out the top episodes of I Love Lucy, Cheers, Seinfeld, All in the Family and The Mary Tyler Moore Show, was WKRP's Turkey's Away episode. Yaaah!

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

The Turkey episode was great. I also like the Who concert episode, the "Real Families" TV Show episode where a reality show visited the Tarleks, the episode where Herb accidentally spray painted his daughter's pet frog named "Greenpeace", and the episode where Richard Paul played a priest who ran a group called CURB (clean up radio broadcasting) that tried to censor WKRP and the "obscene" music it was playing
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Yeah. They had a lot of plain funny shows but they also had "message" shows. Like the amphetimine one or the one where Carlson was talking a little girl into the basement during a tornado. The Who concert show was another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

The Turkey.

The end had be laughing for hours.
    Go Gators!

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?