Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did Bill Cunningham do?

What did Bill Cunningham do?

What did he do to have to take that class?

Bill is my hero.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What did Bill Cunningham do?

Im kidding he's not my hero, but I just enjoy his radio program.

So what did he do, anybody know?
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about but it sounds like one of those "suspensions" he gets every year around this time. They are really vacations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Ohh okay well he said he had a suspension and had to take a Multicultural Acceptance class, or something like that.

Not sure, he could have been joking.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!

We have to take a multicultural diversity class every year. They're a joke, and everyone thinks so. According to the video/class presentation we attend, everyone is left with the impression, thanks to the situations presented, that white people are just down right evil and the only ones guilty of insensitivity. You have to walk on needles while in the workplace for fear you may offend someone and have them dragging to before administration.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500
    Ohh okay well he said he had a suspension and had to take a Multicultural Acceptance class, or something like that.

Not sure, he could have been joking.
    He was joking - it's what Chip said - ole' Willie needs a vacation so he or the PR department of WLW/Clear Channel cook up some hot button topic that he can "take one" for the common man...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    He was joking - it's what Chip said - ole' Willie needs a vacation so he or the PR department of WLW/Clear Channel cook up some hot button topic that he can "take one" for the common man...
    That's honestly what makes Willie the best radio man I've ever listened to. I mean, how can you not love a man that:

* Claimed to have the ability to place curses on people due to his Indian blood, and took responsibility for causing the Dayton Flyers to lose 10 games in a row.
    * Came back from an Egyptian vacation and claimed on the radio that he believed himself to be a reincarnation of Ra, god of the sun, and then proceeded to bless the Cincinnati Gardens ice rink with water from the Nile to try and bring the Cyclones out of a losing streak.
    * Had Seg-man travel with a producer and a couple interns to Cleveland for the "Million Fan March" when the Browns left town.
    * Called up city hall and played the "Charlie Luken: Real Tristate Heroes" commercial to him while he was on the air.
    * Devoted an entire afternoon to faking a promotion that entailed rounding up homeless people onto a school bus, providing them with Newport Cigarettes, Lottery Tickets, and 40s, and driving them to the suburbs.

Willie rocks. Bottom line.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    That's honestly what makes Willie the best radio man I've ever listened to. I mean, how can you not love a man that:

* Claimed to have the ability to place curses on people due to his Indian blood, and took responsibility for causing the Dayton Flyers to lose 10 games in a row.
    * Came back from an Egyptian vacation and claimed on the radio that he believed himself to be a reincarnation of Ra, god of the sun, and then proceeded to bless the Cincinnati Gardens ice rink with water from the Nile to try and bring the Cyclones out of a losing streak.
    * Had Seg-man travel with a producer and a couple interns to Cleveland for the "Million Fan March" when the Browns left town.
    * Called up city hall and played the "Charlie Luken: Real Tristate Heroes" commercial to him while he was on the air.
    * Devoted an entire afternoon to faking a promotion that entailed rounding up homeless people onto a school bus, providing them with Newport Cigarettes, Lottery Tickets, and 40s, and driving them to the suburbs.

Willie rocks. Bottom line.
    Ummmm, cause if I want to kill brain cells, I'll drink.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I listened to Bill Cuningham when I first moved in here the late 1980's. His act got old real fast. Infact the whole radio station is caricture of itself. I know alot of people like it, so to each his own.

Ol' Willie never missed a trick -

The Fun Ladies?

Drinking on the air with a Hamilton County Sheriff's Deputy - for the purposes of showing people of the blood alcohol limit.

All the above - together??

He's not a 12-3 type guy - he's a 9-12 type guy.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Willie can be hillarious when he wants to. when he's being silly i'll listen. otherwise, i may tune into the Stooge Report during my break and then back to WTUE or the X.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I have no comment...

We have to take a multicultural diversity class every year. They're a joke, and everyone thinks so.
    That's too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Ol' Willie never missed a trick -

The Fun Ladies?

Drinking on the air with a Hamilton County Sheriff's Deputy - for the purposes of showing people of the blood alcohol limit.

All the above - together??

He's not a 12-3 type guy - he's a 9-12 type guy.
    I think that was my favorite Cunningham show ever. And I agree, I think Bill was better between 9 and midnight.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by alex trevino
    I listened to Bill Cuningham when I first moved in here the late 1980's. His act got old real fast. Infact the whole radio station is caricture of itself. I know alot of people like it, so to each his own.
    I think it went downhill after Clearchannel bought out J-Cor (or whatever it was). I noticed all the "personalities" seemed to have become extreme versions of what they were before. Except Burbank. He seems the same as always.

Turn Off Ads?