Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poisonous Snake Hiding In Toilet Bites Woman

Re: Poisonous Snake Hiding In Toilet Bites Woman

GEESH! I'll be checking the toilet everytime I sit down for the next month!

I'm like Indiana Jones - I have a deathly fear of snakes. I hit a garter snake this summer with my weed wacker - flipped it straight up into the air! Needly to say - I had to change my shorts.

Last spring I looked out the front window and saw this huge black snake lying in my front yard. I walked out gingerly to get a better look and this thing was about 7 feet long. I called the local game warden and he asked me if I had any pine trees on the property. I said yes, I have two huge blue spruce. He said it's probably a corn snake and they are harmless. They live in the those types of trees.

Meanwhile, while I'm on the phone, my two kids are out there with sticks teasing this thing. They got it all riled up. I stuck my head out the door and yelled at them, and the snake crawled off into the big blue spruce beside the house. The same blue spruce that I have to mow around!!

My daughter has mowed the back yard ever since.
    Last edited by GAC; 08-01-2005 at 08:24 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    By this time, the wife was completely freaked out. She was talking about buying new stuff and never setting foot in that house again. The husband had such a sad, hang dog look. She imagined the snake coming out of the walls in the middle of the night to "get her".
    Man, I can really feel for that guy. Never understood the irrational fear of snakes.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    I'm as terrified of snakes as anyone. Just last week I had an encounter with a snake, don't ask what kind because I don't know. I was coming down my driveway and in the island part between our circular guest drive lay a giant [maybe not giant, but well over 4 feet long] snake. I stopped the Xterra and lowered the window to look at it a little better. It didn't move, it looked a little bulbous in parts the same way an intestine does. I, being a huge fan of Eric Cartman of South Park decided the best way to tell was to throw things at it. I had a few pennies in the console, so I began to chuck them at the still not moving snake. I hit it with one or two and no reaction. I decide it's dead, so I go park the truck and grab the shovel, dead or not I'm still not touching it. About this time my wife comes out and asks whats going on and I point out the snake to her. She's a little creeped, but I assure her its dead and I'm just about to dispose of the caracass. She says ok and tags over with me and and we stare for a moment. Then in true Cartman fashion I hit it with the shovel and say 'Thats a bad snake, bad!' Soon as my shovel connects with the head it springs to life, less than a foot from my legs. My wife takes off running for the house and I begin trying to cut the damn things head off, after a few steps back of course. I 'spear' at him with the shovel a few times as he begins to wriggle and coil up and hit it behind the neck splitting it open and eventually severing it's head.

Scary scary scary.
    Uhm...Joseph? Have you been on my property lately?

I guess they get hungry in Calcutta...

http://www.telegraphindia.com/105080...ry_5058682.asp

Painter eyes Guinness, snacking on snake
    - Food facT File: 4,000 Reptiles eaten
    RAJ KUMAR

It is normally a difficult task to satisfy Neeranjan Bhaskar when he is hungry. The reason sounds a bit startling but the 35-year-old man, who is a painter by profession, prefers his plate of snakes.

Well, not exactly a plateful of cooked snake meat, but live snakes, which the man claims to be eating since childhood.

In fact, he eats a snake everyday, claiming the credit for gobbling up more than 4,000 snakes, including different types of cobras and kraits, till date.

Recounting the first time he ate the reptile, Bhaskar said: “It was the rainy season of 1977. I was just about seven years old, a student of Bal Brahmachari High School in Ranchi,” he said in drawling voice.

“A dhor snake had attacked me. I tried hard to get rid of it, but the snake did not leave me. When I could not find a way to get rid of it, I bit the snake, in a fit of anger and pain. I continued biting it and finally ate it.”

The first experience was “interesting”, says the painter and added that the snake’s blood had tasted strange.

“Since that day, I started eating a snake everyday,” adds the man with a proud smile.

Bhaskar’s parents had remained ignorant about their son’s appetite for snakes for at least seven years. “My father noticed (the snake eating) when I was 14 years old. He tried to stop me. But I had already developed an addiction for snakes,” he said.

He gave a live demonstration before a team of journalists by catching a dhamin snake from the banks of the Ghaghara river, gobbling it up in 15 minutes. A native of Arah district, Bihar, Bhaskar wants to get himself a place in the Guinness Book of World Records.

“The present world record of living with deadly snakes is for 32 days. But I am sure I can stay with the reptiles for 40 days at a stretch if given a chance,” he added.

He admits he had to face health problems because of his eating habits. Doctors at Sadar Hospital did not entertain me when they came to know that I ate live snakes,” said Bhaskar, who had gone there to get treatment for typhoid. He is married and has four daughters, whom he has trained to deal with snakes without fear.

RAJ KUMAR
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I guess a snake a day doesn't keep the doctor away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I have a story! I have a story!

Back when I lived in Syracuse one of my roommates went out and got a ball python. Cute little guys. Not cute enough for me to hold or anything, but cute and quite harmless.

One day my roommate had the snake out and around his neck while sitting on the couch. The snake was slithering around and got into the couch, wrapped part of himself around a coil or something and my roommate (not wanting to hurt the snake) let him go, and the snake went full body into the couch. At this point we moved the couch away from the wall and began to search for the snake. We even cut the back of the couch open to get a better look, but dagburnit, we could not locate him. We searched for over three hours and just couldn't find him, but we knew he was in the couch.

So we all decided to leave him there for now, thinking he'd show up. Well, I was not completely down with this plan, cause I am not a huge snake fan, but what else could we do. The next morning we searched the couch again and nothing. So now the snake was gone. Everynight for the next month I checked my closet and put a towel under my door so no snakes could crawl in and still nothing.

For three months we never heard hide nor hair of the snake, so we figured he found a way out of the house and was free. Then one night my other roommates girlfriend gets up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. Luckily she turned on the light, and she saw the snake with its head sticking out of the toilet bowl. Without screaming or anything, she calmly walked back to her boyfriend's room and told him that she thinks a snake is in the toilet. He told her to sac up, and that she was just seeing things. But she persisted and dragged him in there and sure enough the snake was in the toilet.

And we made fun of her for the rest of the time they dated about how funny it would have been had she sat on the toilet without turning the lights on! And she did not find this as funny as we did.

Oh, and the snake was fine, we got him out of the toilet and back into his living quarters.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Peeping tom snake
    Go Gators!

Okay, I've gotta bring this oh-so-pleasant thread back to the top to tell a quick (new) snake story and ask a question.

I was sitting on the front steps talking on the phone yesterday when a snake poked its head out of the ground right beside the sidewalk. I got off the phone and yelled for my wife to bring me a shovel, and as I turned to take the shovel, he disappeared. Since he was nowhere to be seen, I assumed he had gone back into the ground. I tood the shovel and dug a 3' by 1' area about 12" - 14" deep, but no snake. After chopping around in the sod and dirt for a few minutes, I gave up and went inside. A few minutes later I went to the front door, and he was sticking his head out of the ground again, in that same area I had dug up! I quickly raced out to the site and chopped him in half with the spade.

It turned out to be a harmless brown snake, but it still gave me the willies.

Now, my questions: How do those things get down into the ground? The ground was hard, so how do they do it? And where was the thing while I was digging in his area?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by PickOff
    This whole story begs the question: seat up or seat down? I vote up.
    Now I can tell my wife I leave the seat up for her own protection!
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

My story!

My family went to a state park on Labor Day probably 10 years ago. While we were sitting around my younger brother went swimming. A hawk carrying a corn snake was flying over and dropped the snake in the water about 10 feet from my brother. I have never seen him move so fast. It is still the running joke of all family outings.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

When I was deployed to the Middle East with my Guard unit, you learn quickly to tip your boots upside-down to make sure that there aren't any scorpions hiding out in there. I'm also petrified of spiders and there are the ugliest ones called Camel Spiders over there that I really didn't care for. Here is a pick if you've never seen one.

Last edited by dman; 09-06-2005 at 11:57 PM.

I have a pretty good snake story, although this guy was only a rat snake.

We have a barn behind our house that has been a haven for mice but never for anything else. Behind our house/barn is a small forrest (used to be bigger but all the development has shrunk it down to maybe 50 feet or so by our house).

Anyways, one day I pulled out our lawn mower and gassed it up/primed it. It's one of the ones where you pull the cord quickly to start it up. I pulled the cord and it kept catching, it wouldn't go all the way. I gave it about 4 tries and got nothing, then the end of a snake tail whipped out from underneath and nailed my leg. Needless to say, the snake was wrapped around the inside of our mower. I also hate snakes and so does my dad. We both grabbed shovels and assumed a safe perimeter after my initial shock wore off. The snake eventually came out and it was huge, probably 4.5 feet no joke - biggest rat snake I've ever seen in the woods around my house by far. It was hurt from the mower and it was also ticked, it assumed an attacking position and was striking at us as we wildly swung shovels

It had to be a very humorous scene in retrospect because my dad and I were going no where near that thing and it was probably as scared of us. It eventually made it back into the woods as we chased it with shovels at a distance.

This snake eventually gained legend status in the few houses around us. It showed up one day in my neighbor's wood pile and scared him. My other neighbor saw it another time at the edge of the woods. My dad and I evetually realized where it was living (our barn) when our field mouse problem totally stopped. The worst part was our barn was really small so if you tried to nail the snake in there, it would either go back behind stuff or come at you (neither was worth it for us). It became the ritual for opening the barn: trying to locate where the snake was hiding. Oftentimes it would sit on the top shelf all coiled up and just stare at you as you moved around (scared the heck out of me to go in there). One time I walked in and it was coiled around the shovel on the wall just chilling there.

Our little (actually huge) buddy took up residence for at least a year. During this time, it shed several skins which allowed us to measure it. It was approximately 4 and 3/4 feet.

Last winter, the snake either moved out or died. We haven't seen it since then and there have been no other reported sightings. I still do the snake check everytime I open the door and still turn up the mower at a distance everytime before I start it.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dman
    When I was deployed to the Middle East with my Guard unit, you learn quickly to tip your boots upside-down to make sure that there aren't any scorpions hiding out in there. I'm also petrified of spiders and there are the ugliest ones called Camel Spiders over there that I really didn't care for. Here is a pick if you've never seen one.
    The 'Camel Spider' is not a spider at all. It is a member of another group of arachnids known as Solifugae. They will only bite humans accidentally and they're neither poisonous nor necrotic. I think humans fear them because they're FAST...they can giddyup around 10mph for extended periods. They eat other insects and they're mostly nocturnal, so I guess it's a little freaky to hear one crunching up a beetle in the dark. HA!

You got something against Scorpions?

Snakes? Bah, they're too big to be REALLY stealthy.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion
    The 'Camel Spider' is not a spider at all. It is a member of another group of arachnids known as Solifugae. They will only bite humans accidentally and they're neither poisonous nor necrotic. I think humans fear them because they're FAST...they can giddyup around 10mph for extended periods. They eat other insects and they're mostly nocturnal, so I guess it's a little freaky to hear one crunching up a beetle in the dark. HA!

You got something against Scorpions?

Snakes? Bah, they're too big to be REALLY stealthy.
    No, Nothing against scorpions at all. I tried to bring one home, but couldn't get customs to let me do it. It's funny, because the job that I do requires the use of a blacklight, and we would go out at night and shine the blacklight on the ground. You should've seen those creatures light up. That was actually an easy way of finding them outside.

christina578

the lady is my step mom. i remember when this happened i was 5

Turn Off Ads?