Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poisonous Snake Hiding In Toilet Bites Woman

Re: Poisonous Snake Hiding In Toilet Bites Woman

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Cool... so... how is Wally Theodore?
    Mom didn't wear pearls but did wear a dress most of the time. Dad smoked Kents instead of a pipe and was known to knock back a few Canadian Clubs. We did have a friend that was uncannily like Eddie Haskell. My brother and friends would all take turns punching me. I still have knots in my shoulders.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    One day, we decided to see how many snakes we could catch.
    In Centerville?
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    In Centerville?
    Nope. Up through 6th grade, we lived in Berea OH, a suburb of Cleveland. Home of Baldwin-Wallace College. My best friend lived a couple houses from Lou Groza. By the time we moved to C'ville, my mind was on other things besides snakes and frogs.

Salamanders?

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    By the time we moved to C'ville, my mind was on other things besides snakes and frogs.
    Well, I think of that girl from time to time
    I call her up when I got a dime
    I say, "Hello, baby"
    She says, "Ain't you cool"
    I say, "Do you remember when
    "And would you like to get together again"
    She says, "I'll see you after school"

I hate this topic.

Go Gators!

Snakes, spiders and cats. All from Hell and Satan's creation. Unfortunately all have their good place in the ecosystem.

We get black snakes that wander through through our yards every so often. Just a few weeks ago, a black snake was in our neighbor's garage. The neighbor came over to our house looking for my son who is famous for catching roving neighborhood snakes (he said he learned it from watching Animal Planet). Since he wasn't home, the duty fell to me since he neighbor was completely freaked and none of his family could go in the house till the snake was gone.

I tried first to grab him behind the head but the snake was all coiled up and p-o'ed from all the commotion (he had just been laying in the sun minding his own snake business). He tried to go behind a shelving unit and I was able to grab his tail. That sucker was *strong* and I had a hard time pulling him out. Once I got him free, I held him at arms length and the crowd that was outside the garage watching me emitted a collective shriek and the crowd parted.

The snake was still a little p-o'ed and was alternately trying to bite my leg and coil back up my arm. I kept whipping him out which kept him at arms length (literally). I finally got to the back fence where there is a field and I frisbee'ed him over the fence where he landed in a tree. A neighbor videotaped the whole thing and I didn't realize I had such an audience. Snakes just don't bother me.

When can we see the video?
    Go Gators!

Roy, I'm trying to figure out if you are brave or crazy.

My brother-in-law found a baby copperhead lying in his open toolbox in the garage, and merely took him to the edge of the yard and tossed him. I found that INSANE! That thing will be back, and it will bring its parents and siblings next time! I would've never slept in that house again. In fact, it would have been for sale later that day, and I would be renting a hotel room.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

This whole story begs the question: seat up or seat down? I vote up.

Rattlesnake's good eatin'.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I'm as terrified of snakes as anyone. Just last week I had an encounter with a snake, don't ask what kind because I don't know. I was coming down my driveway and in the island part between our circular guest drive lay a giant [maybe not giant, but well over 4 feet long] snake. I stopped the Xterra and lowered the window to look at it a little better. It didn't move, it looked a little bulbous in parts the same way an intestine does. I, being a huge fan of Eric Cartman of South Park decided the best way to tell was to throw things at it. I had a few pennies in the console, so I began to chuck them at the still not moving snake. I hit it with one or two and no reaction. I decide it's dead, so I go park the truck and grab the shovel, dead or not I'm still not touching it. About this time my wife comes out and asks whats going on and I point out the snake to her. She's a little creeped, but I assure her its dead and I'm just about to dispose of the caracass. She says ok and tags over with me and and we stare for a moment. Then in true Cartman fashion I hit it with the shovel and say 'Thats a bad snake, bad!' Soon as my shovel connects with the head it springs to life, less than a foot from my legs. My wife takes off running for the house and I begin trying to cut the damn things head off, after a few steps back of course. I 'spear' at him with the shovel a few times as he begins to wriggle and coil up and hit it behind the neck splitting it open and eventually severing it's head.

Scary scary scary.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by PickOff
    This whole story begs the question: seat up or seat down? I vote up.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    Roy, I'm trying to figure out if you are brave or crazy.
    I was a Boy Scout and know the difference between venomous and non-venomous snakes. I don't get anywhere close to venomous snakes. Otherwise, they're just snakes :shrug: Cats bite worse than snakes.

Spiders are what get me. They give me a big ole case of the willies. And I'm the designated spider disposal agent in the house (not killing, disposal, I hate to kill things so I catch them and throw them out the back door going aaaaaaaugggghhh the whole time).

Turn Off Ads?