This story came out last week. Since no one has posted it, I will.

Have you ever been sitting there and out-of-the-blue and for no good reason started to wonder "What if...?" What if "something" were to be in there? Have you ever gone so far as to get up and look?

This will give you something to think about the next time you lift the lid. Snakes are one of, if not my biggest, fear. My fear of them is actually irrational, since I won't be around a small non-poinsonous baby snake.

If this were to happen at my place, there would be a realtor sign in the front yard and a U-Haul backed up to the front door in less than an hour!

http://www.wltx.com/fyi/fyi.aspx?storyid=29067

Snake In Toilet Bites Woman

(JACKSONVILLE, FL) - Going to the bathroom will never be the same for a Jacksonville woman, not since she was bitten by a water moccasin that was apparently hiding in her toilet.

Alicia Bailey spent three days in the hospital. She's now at home but she's not resting comfortably. She remembers what happened the night she got up to go to the bathroom. "Walked in (to the bathroom) opened up the lid to the toilet and got bit by the water moccasin on the leg."

She was bitten once on the thigh, and given the size of the bite on her leg, many predict it was a very big snake. Alicia says, "His head was every bit of three fingers wide."

She was rushed to the hospital and given anti-venin, but no one knows what happened to the snake or how it got into the house in the first place.

There are woods behind the family's home, and recent rains, the snake could have been looking for higher and dryer ground. The family now thinks he could have gotten into the home through the dog door, but there's still a fear, it hasn't left.

Alicia's husband, Richard is searching the home trying to find the snake. He says, "What we're leery about is closets and drawers." He carries a big stick around the house as he looks for the snake and at times his shotgun. "We're not looking to take it alive. I just want it out of here."

Alicia just wants her life, and her house, back.
"We're currently very uncomfortable in our home and toilet shy I would say, and real anxious for closure."

The Bailey's have an 11-year old son who is now staying with neighbors. They said, doctors told them, given the size of the snake, if it would have bitten him instead of Alicia, he probably would not have survived.