Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Poisonous Snake Hiding In Toilet Bites Woman

Re: Poisonous Snake Hiding In Toilet Bites Woman

here is my snake story....like another poster above, my friend and I went out one day to see how many snakes we could catch, we filled a 5 gallon bucket to the tip top....I couldnt even tell you how many snakes were in there or what types, I am sure they were not poisonous being we found them in here in Ohio, but there could have been a copperhead or water moc maybe, I dont know.....but we placed a piece of OSB board on top of the bucket to stop them from getting out, we wanted to drive to our friends house and show him, I think we were 16-17 years old at the time.....anyhow, I sat in the back of the pickup truck with the snakes so I could hold the board on the bucket.....my friend started drving down the old abanded train tracks and hit a big bump and BOOM, me and the bucket went about 2 feet in the air and the bucket landed right on my chest......

I am not the slightest bit afraid of snakes, never have been.....but I almost shat my pants right there....I screamed like a girl and jumped full go out of a moving truck...I had snakes on my chest, neck, legs, face, you name it they were covered on me and not one bite.....I quickly learned that most snakes dont want to bite you, they want to run from you......I also quickly learned that I dont want to mess with snakes ever again...

story over.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This thread reminds me that I miss creek14, Redsland, and FCB.

Also, snakes are creepy.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I've read a story before of a snake in the toilet. As a matter of fact, I'm so petrified of snakes, I've developed the habit of looking when I lift the toilet seat. I know it's irraitonal, but snakes are the one thing I'm frightened of more than anything else in thsi world.
    Wow Mike! I'm the same exact way guy - and it is probably an irrational fear - because I have read of similar stories in the past... and I hate (petrified) of snakes.

About 5 years ago I looked out our window and saw this huge snake laying in the front yard. It was approximately 6 feet long. I went out on the front porch, checking it out, and I thought it was someone's exotic "pet" that maybe got loose so I called the county game warden. He had me describe the snake, and asked if I had any pine trees on the property, which I do. He then said it was a corn (pine) snake, and that's where they make their home. YEAH, BUT DO THEY GET THIS FRIGGIN BIG? LOL

It ended up slithering away into the big pine next to my house, and I said to myself... "OK. That tree has to come down." Whenever I mow around it I keep a watchful eye waiting for that snake to poke it's head out. LOL

Rachel's senior year in high school, she was in Animal Management, she brought home all types of critters. I called her Ellie Mae Clampett. I went into her room one day though and she had brought home a snake. She was sitting at the computer playing with this thing. I about died right there. I told her that thing does not, under any circumstances, come out of her bedroom.

Last summer I hit a garter snake with the weed whacker while trimming around some landscaping timbers next to my driveway. The snake went in the air, the tool went in the air, and I was in the house before any hit the ground. LOL
    Last edited by GAC; 01-26-2012 at 05:21 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Nice to see our "boy scout" post about knowing the difference between venomous snakes vs. non-venomous ones. There are no "poisonous" snakes. In other words, you can touch them and you won't die unless they bite you - and inject their venom. Having seen someone rub their eye after touching a poison-arrow frog, I can tell you there is a distinct, disturbing difference.

Had a job once exploring the sugar cane fields around the everglades. I wore snake proof boots, so the occasional water moccasin I saw didn't worry me. Alligators were a whole different story. Nothing like going through knee-deep water and hoping a gator didn't pull me under.

Turn Off Ads?