Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/30 Game Thread Reds at Padres

Re: 7/30 Game Thread Reds at Padres

They just teased that DanO pulled Adam aside to discuss his future with the team. They're going to talk to Adam about it after the commercial break.

Do you want me to tell you what he says?
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Do you want me to tell you what he says?
    No. I mean really, who here cares about Adam's future with the team?

:

Dan O' Brien told Adam unless something unbelievable happens in the next few hours Adam is going to remain a Red.

Oh my, he's a hunk of burning love.

Adam, not DanO.

Anyway, after a couple other segments, they finally got to the chat with Adam. He's glad he hit the ball hard last night (so are we Adam). He talked a little about how he got EdE's HR ball and how he held up the game and felt like an idiot.

DanO told him that unless something unbelievable happens in the next few hours, he'll stay a Red. And he's happy about that. And so am I.

In the next 60 games he wants to end on a positive note and have something to build on next season.

And then he said he digs old fat women. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    Dan O' Brien told Adam unless something unbelievable happens in the next few hours Adam is going to remain a Red.
    Did you smile or break down for a good old fashioned weap?

Strange Creekster, I did not hear that last line in the version they played down here in Kentucky.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Why would O'Brien specifically pull Dunn aside to tell him he isn't going to be traded? (Not that the news is surprising)

Why didn't he pull Kearns/Pena and others aside?

This close to the deadline seems like an odd time for O'Brien to tell him that. Maybe he told him other stuff that he wouldn't let Adam tell us, such that his good friend Casey might be crying tomorrow as he says bye to the team.
    Last edited by CincyRedsFan30; 07-30-2005 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    Strange Creekster, I did not hear that last line in the version they played down here in Kentucky.
    You need to call your cable company.

And I need another margarita.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Why would O'Brien specifically pull Dunn aside to tell him he isn't going to be traded? (Not that the news is surprising)

Why didn't he pull Kearns/Pena and others aside?
    Cause there are so many rumors about him being on the block. Which is funny, cause I haven't heard a single one here.

Is Jerry Narron a man?

I mean does he not have the cajones....as a man or as the manager of this team to tell RA....that he is not a starter anymore?

I DO NOT care that he is 8 for 26 with 1 HR against Astacio during his career.......anyone who whines like he does should not be starting on this team. I cannot believe anyone can tolerate this person in that clubhouse.....is there any clubhouse big enough for his ego?
    Was he shortchanged somewhere in life that he feels he must push his way into getting what he wants?

Cause there are so many rumors about him being on the block. Which is funny, cause I haven't heard a single one here.
    The only rumors I've heard about Dunn have been the ones posted here. I've been baffled by them, because I haven't heard anything like them. I really wonder about some of the writers who are mentioning them...

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    The only rumors I've heard about Dunn have been the ones posted here. I've been baffled by them, because I haven't heard anything like them. I really wonder about some of the writers who are mentioning them...
    Well Dan Hoard asked him (Adam) if he wanted to make up some rumors of his own and he said he didn't need to cause there were enough floating around already. So there must be some somewhere. I really don't know. I have tried not to read anything that had the words Trade and Dunn in the same article.

Randa Winn traded to Giants for Yorvit Torrealba and another player whose named I missed.

Dan and Chris talking about RA. Coming close to defending him. Gag.

Well Dan Hoard asked him (Adam) if he wanted to make up some rumors of his own and he said he didn't need to cause there were enough floating around already. So there must be some somewhere. I really don't know. I have tried not to read anything that had the words Trade and Dunn in the same article.
    Adam's probably heard the same rumors that were posted here(which came from other papers). I just don't know how much substance those rumors had.

And I certainly don't blame you for not wanting hear the evil "T" word. I imagine you are feeling much better right now, huh?

Turn Off Ads?