Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I know you want to hate but....

Go Redlegs!!!!

I know you want to hate but....

Just like the ole left hander I hope you will call em as you see em.

I got roasted here early on because I was hard on Hughes High School. I still am, and yes i have friends who are former graduates but that is beside the point.

But now the shoe is on the other foot and given that baseball season news is light I thought I might spice the board up a bit in the interest of policy itself.

Feel free to criticize and comintate as you may, and feel free to take my rating here for the beating it deserves. All I ask is that you contribute your opinion positively and honestly as its merit deserves.

http://www.footballhuddles.com/vbull...threadid=43999

thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I know you want to hate but....

There's a connection to Reds baseball here somewhere?

So does this thread have any other purpose other than to plug your football forum?

What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

WAGS

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Cant be outdone...

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

WAGS

I think I could spend about five seconds in that conversation before I got seriously angry, and making me angry is extremely hard to do. I'll leave it at that.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

First of all, I do believe that Little Alex is here to stir the pot. That being said, I'm not sure where the anger and disdain is directed. This is an issue that has frustrated me for quite some time -- the way the media wrings its hands and shoves these stories of missing white girls into our collective faces every night, while completely ignoring the thousands of other innocent lives that are lost.

Jon Benet, Laci, Elizabeth Smart, and Natalie are such tragic stories. Somewhere in these United States, as I type this, are parents and other family members whose lives are forever and tragically changed. And they're not just the families of the girls I just mentioned. Yet, the media necessarily ignores them because there's just not enough air time to cover all the heartbreaking stories that develop in this country and around the world on a daily basis. So what do they do? They pick and choose the stories that they think will bring the best ratings, and therefore the best revenues. The whole thing makes me sick, and I think that's pretty much the sentiment that is being expressed over on the Football Huddles board.

So, where is the anger directed? At Little Alex, the people on the Huddles board, or the money/ratings-grabbing news outlets?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Turn Off Ads?