Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged threads: I believe / Are the Reds out of it?

Merged threads: I believe / Are the Reds out of it?

The Reds are 10 games behind in the wild-card standings with 57 games left. I think they have a shot.

Anybody with me?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I believe

No.

We have about 10 teams in front of us...we also don't get to see the NL west much more this year
    Go Gators!

Go Redlegs!!!!

I am with you 100 percent. I am just pushing for .500 but darnit, if this team's pitching holds up they are a fine ballclub.

Tough game tonight though as 2 of the hottest teams right now face off.

Go Reds!!!! We can do it!!!! Hell must have frozen over anyway because Milton's ERA is below 7 (hehe).

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    No.

We have about 10 teams in front of us...we also don't get to see the NL west much more this year
    Actually, there are only eight teams in front of the Reds.

Barring a miracle of some sort, I just don't see it. The Cubs get closer Kerry Wood, SS Nomar Garciaparra, and set up man Scotty Williamson back on friday, plus added OF Matt Lawton yesterday. I can't envision passing them now, much as I hate it. My ultimate goal is to play above 500 ball the rest of the season and see improvement from the young guys and see Aurilia cut loose. if the team could somehow manage to finish 3rd in the central I'd consider it a huge victory.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

But still..only 7 more games against the west

The Central that has crushed us this year..35!

East..15.
    Go Gators!

Focus on .500 first and how to build a pitching staff for 2006.

Go Redlegs!!!!

Tonight will probably be a huge wakeup call, since we play a real team.

But I'll be watching. Maybe it is time for the Reds to lay the smackdown? Who Dey! Oh wait...

got alil captain in u?

im with you with how we've been playing since the all-star break and the way the pitching has been performing and if it continues like it has there is a chance

Oh, they have a shot. Like 100-1. The fan in me will secretly watch the WC standings for a while. I don't give up till they are mathematically out of it. But the rational part of me will say "fool!".

They'll have to pull off an August like the July that the Astros just had. And I don't think the Reds have near enough pitching to pull that off. Harang, Milton, and Claussen doesn't have the same ring as Clemens, Oswalt, and Pettite. They dug too big of a hole in April/May/June.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    Oh, they have a shot. Like 100-1. The fan in me will secretly watch the WC standings for a while. I don't give up till they are mathematically out of it. But the rational part of me will say "fool!".
    Ditto.

And here I was, all ready to wipe the Reds from my consciousness for the rest of the season and focus on the Bengals. Then they had to go and do this.

Punks.

"It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I'm with you. I'll believe until they are eliminated.

No chance. There is no way you're going to make up 10 games on 8 teams in just over 50 games remaining.

However, .500 would be a huge accomplishment for this team. With how bad they played the two and a half months of the year, I thought they had 100 loses in the bag. I never would have guessed they would even sniff .500.

The way they are playing makes the rest of the season more interesting. It keeps us interested in baseball. If they keep on losing games, it isn't fun to watch anymore come September.

I will watch the Wild Card standings though.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Deep down inside I still think they have a shot, but passing the Stros is gonna be tough. They are on fire right now and have great pitching, though their offense can't hold a candle to ours.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

This team will be lucky to end its season at 11 under .500 (which is where they are now). I agree the Braves will stomp our guts...again, which will, in turn, begin a new losing skid.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?