Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sadly, this probably won't surpise anyone.

Sadly, this probably won't surpise anyone.

Sadly stories like this are pretty typical in this age of me-first greed

In June, Co-President Stephen S. Crawford of the financial giant Morgan Stanley (who was installed in the job in order to ensure management "stability" during the company's currently shaky status with investors) signed a two-year contract at $16 million a year which allowed him, if he changed his mind, to resign and promptly collect all $32 million. A few days later, he resigned. The "stability" was needed at faltering Morgan Stanley because longtime CEO Philip J. Purcell had just been eased out, but his contract called for $113 million in severance pay. [New York Times, 7-11-05]
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sadly, this probably won't surpise anyone.

That is beyond the pale.
    School's out. What did you expect?

32 million for a few days work?

I need to get into that business.
    Go Gators!

Oh man, that's great. What did they expect?

On the other hand, I hope that 32mil lasts him, because I imagine his actions are going to leave a pretty large stain on his resume.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Did I really just say "I hope that 32mil lasts him?"

Heh.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I'm glad I never used them to invest any of my retirement nest egg.

Unbelievable
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    Did I really just say "I hope that 32mil lasts him?"

Heh.
    actually, the pathetic thing about this is that people who make that much money somehow manage to burn it up in no time.
    that said, contract or no contract, i smell a lawsuit in the making.

Ahhh, Mega Companies.

I just love them.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit
    actually, the pathetic thing about this is that people who make that much money somehow manage to burn it up in no time.
    that said, contract or no contract, i smell a lawsuit in the making.
    I will agree with that, I supervise the corporate card program at our company and get to see what everyone spends every month. Some of the attorneys make over a 1,000,000 yearly but spend 8,000 a month on their credits cards.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    Ahhh, Mega Companies.

I just love them.
    Yep, and you just have to wonder how many 20-30k jobs are eliminated every year to "help the bottom line". Then the board has no problem paying out 145 million as severance pay to those two jokers.

And I bet Crawford probably gets another job if he wants one. It's definitely a "good old boys" network.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?