Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56

Thread: Are you ready? One more Saturday until college football

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Arcanum Ohio via Nashville Tn and Jackson MS.
    Posts
    1,508

    Are you ready?

    Are you ready for college football? Any SEC fans here? Ut is picked to win the SEC and as much as I want that to happen it will be tough. Second and third game are at Florida and LSU, both good teams. Alabama will be better this year as will Florida. Auburn and Georgia so so, and no comment on Vandy and KY. :thumbdown

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,066

    Re: Are you ready?

    What!?! SEC!?! Let's talk MAC! How 'bout them Falcons! Hey Johnny, Bowling Green wears Orange too!

    Rem

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Arcanum Ohio via Nashville Tn and Jackson MS.
    Posts
    1,508

    Re: Are you ready?

    MAC, naw never cared for fast food especialy McDonalds, don't you remember?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    1,065

    Re: Are you ready?

    Heck yes I'm ready. UK will have an explosive offense this year if their O-line can hold up, their D will be pretty weak, but improved, and faster. I was in Knoxville last year for another UK heartbreaker.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Arcanum Ohio via Nashville Tn and Jackson MS.
    Posts
    1,508

    Re: Are you ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by fielder's choice
    Heck yes I'm ready. UK will have an explosive offense this year if their O-line can hold up, their D will be pretty weak, but improved, and faster. I was in Knoxville last year for another UK heartbreaker.
    You know I don't hate UK like some SEC fans do, I would like to see them have a good year except when they play UT. Kentucky fans deserve a good football season. I also would like to see Georgia and Vandy loose every game, ha, Vandy will.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Danville, KY
    Posts
    928

    Re: Are you ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by fielder's choice
    Heck yes I'm ready. UK will have an explosive offense this year if their O-line can hold up, their D will be pretty weak, but improved, and faster. I was in Knoxville last year for another UK heartbreaker.
    Can I please have some of those drugs?

    If UK wins 4 games this year, I'd be shocked.

    In fact, if we just beat UL I wouldn't care if we didn't win again.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Arcanum Ohio via Nashville Tn and Jackson MS.
    Posts
    1,508

    Re: Are you ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by kyred14
    Can I please have some of those drugs?

    If UK wins 4 games this year, I'd be shocked.

    In fact, if we just beat UL I wouldn't care if we didn't win again.
    They will beat Ole Miss Oct 22, there is one.

  8. #8
    15 game winner Danny Serafini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sultanes de Monterrey
    Posts
    4,183

    Re: Are you ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by remdog
    What!?! SEC!?! Let's talk MAC! How 'bout them Falcons! Hey Johnny, Bowling Green wears Orange too!

    Rem
    Too bad for them about the big blue roadblock waiting for them at the end of the year.



    2004 (and soon to be 2005) MAC Champions!

  9. #9
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,614

    Re: Are you ready?

    UK should have gone after Spurrier

    They will also beat Vandy so that's 2
    Go Gators!

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Danville, KY
    Posts
    928

    Re: Are you ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vander m


    They will beat Ole Miss Oct 22, there is one.
    Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    UK should have gone after Spurrier

    They will also beat Vandy so that's 2
    We never beat Vandy at Vandy (oh, that's sad)

    UK's offense was DEAD LAST in Div. 1-A. How it will become explosive rather than implosive, I don't know. The only sure win is some team named Idaho State. Oh, I almost forgot about IU, we beat them in every sport. That's why those cowards want out of the contract.

    Funny thing is, UK still sells out nearly every game in a 70,000 seat stadium. Are we loyal, or just stupid? Wait I'm a Reds fan, too. What does that say about me? Oh well, there's always basketball.

  11. #11
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,614

    Re: Are you ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by kyred14
    Funny thing is, UK still sells out nearly every game in a 70,000 seat stadium. Are we loyal, or just stupid? Wait I'm a Reds fan, too. What does that say about me? Oh well, there's always basketball.
    I thought those 70,000 just get together and talk basketball while a football game goes on in the backround?
    Go Gators!

  12. #12
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,346

    Re: Are you ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I thought those 70,000 just get together and talk basketball while a football game goes on in the backround?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  13. #13
    Joe Oliver love-child Blimpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,893

    Re: Are you ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I thought those 70,000 just get together and talk basketball while a football game goes on in the backround?
    Count me among the ignorant masses in Lexington who will sit through just about anything on a Saturday afternoon resembling collegiate football. My family and I have had twelve UK season football tickets since 1976....

    I'll even take this psychosis one step further. Of the twelve season football tickets I just mentioned, during the late 70's, my father obtained four of them (seven rows up on the 47 yard line) by forfeiting a pair of season UK basketball tickets (albeit upper arena). Don't ask. Let's just say that Pops was never much of a Joe B. Hall fan...

    Between watching hundreds of UK football games over the last nearly thirty years and having graduated from the University of Florida, I don't really know any brand of football other than the SEC. I have been to games at most of the conference stadia (with the exception of Arkansas and Mississippi State). By the way, if you've never taligated at some of these SEC towns...it's hard to describe to you the atmosphere.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Danville, KY
    Posts
    928

    Re: Are you ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Count me among the ignorant masses in Lexington who will sit through just about anything on a Saturday afternoon resembling collegiate football. My family and I have had twelve UK season football tickets since 1976....

    I'll even take this psychosis one step further. Of the twelve season football tickets I just mentioned, during the late 70's, my father obtained four of them (seven rows up on the 47 yard line) by forfeiting a pair of season UK basketball tickets (albeit upper arena). Don't ask. Let's just say that Pops was never much of a Joe B. Hall fan...

    Between watching hundreds of UK football games over the last nearly thirty years and having graduated from the University of Florida, I don't really know any brand of football other than the SEC. I have been to games at most of the conference stadia (with the exception of Arkansas and Mississippi State). By the way, if you've never taligated at some of these SEC towns...it's hard to describe to you the atmosphere.
    You didn't happen to go to a certain game in 2002 against a certain team from Louisiana, did you? I'll never forget that game as long as I live.

  15. #15
    Member SirFelixCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    5,929

    Re: Are you ready?

    GO DUCKS!

    Only 4 road games, patsy non-conference schedule, and all tough games at home (USC, Cal, and OSU). A real offensive coordinator and an improved defense...I am VERY excited about this season. How say you, fellow Oregonians???


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25