Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Are you ready? One more Saturday until college football

Arcanum Ohio via Nashville Tn and Jackson MS.

Re: One more Saturday,

Krono, I can see somewhat your pred's in the west, Florida well, hope your wrong, but Vandy going to a bowl? I would think Mississippi State had a better chance, not talking about Ole Miss, they could be a sleeper IMO. Anyways isn't it good to talk about football after this crapy year with the Reds.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Vandy might be due, they get some weak teams this year, pull an upset or 2 and it's bowling time
    Go Gators!

I look for Kentucky to win 4 games. If they do not, Brooks will be shown the door and Joker Phillips will be named the 2nd black coach in the SEC history. You can put this down as a fact!

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Screw the SEC, what about the Sun Belt? Is this the year someone knocks North Texas off their perch?

The what belt?
    Go Gators!

North Texas has a stud at RB--freshman Jamario Thomas ran for 1801 yards(6.3 ypc) last season and scored 17 touchdowns in only eight games. Had five consecutive 200+ yard rushing games. But then again they do run the ball just about every play.

I'll go with LSU and Tennessee in the SEC Championship game. Part of me wants to pick Georgia but I'll stay with my first instincts and pick the Vols.

Louisville will go undefeated and win the Big East. Their schedule looks relatively easy...with Oregon State at home, at West Virginia, and vs Pitt being the only tough games. UConn or Syracuse could be potential roadblocks but I doubt it. Louisville is much more talented that the aforementioned teams.

Southern Cal should win the Pac-10 again and will be the favorites to the win the NC.

Boise State will be tough again this year. I enjoy watching those WAC teams air it out almost every play. They can put some points on the board, that's for sure.

I think Michigan will take the Big-10 with Iowa and Ohio State finishing second and third.

Texas, Oklahoma and Texas A&M will battle for the Big Twelve South title.

I see Florida State and Virginia Tech facing off in the first ever ACC Championship game.

National Chamionship game-USC vs Texas

I'll go with ewetee in the SEC East and LSU in the West.
    If Kentucky wins four games it will be a spectacular season. I hope I'm wrong but I think one win will be it. Baskeball practice starts October 15. :
    I think Louisville will lose at WVU. That's a tough place to play. But they will still win the Big Least.
    USC should go undefeated but for some reason I think they will lose one somewhere along the way. Maybe at Notre Dame?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Are you ready? One more Saturday until college football

Now, what does everyone think about the NEW AND REDESIGNED Conference-USA?!

...(crickets chirping)
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    Now, what does everyone think about the NEW AND REDESIGNED Conference-USA?!

...(crickets chirping)
    Who they have left?

The ACC will actually be a battle, neither fsu or miami have a QB.
    Go Gators!

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Well I think everyone should look out for the Hoosiers since they changed their face masks from white to red they should be unstoppable. It's not the talent difference between IU and the rest of the bigten but the uniforms that are keeping the Hoosiers down.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Lets put my pontifications down so they can be made fun of in November.

ACC - VaTech scares me, because Marcus Vick could be the second coming of his brother Mike or of Ron Pawlus. Unless Kyle Wright does his best Chad Hart impression, then Miami has more than enough to beat VaTech. Florida State will be a non-factor. BC could surprise. But It'll be VaTech in the end.

Big 10 - If Iowa didn't soil themselves at ASU last year, they would have been in a BCS game, and that was with no scholarship RBs healthy. They'll roll thru the Big 10 this season.

Big 12 - This will be Texas' year to dump OU. Perfect conditions for that to happen. Then Texas will get dumped by a Texas Tech or A&M shortly thereafter ruining their National Championship hopes. I'm picking A&M to pull off some shockers this year. Lets go with A&M and Iowa State in the Championship game, with A&M prevailing.

Big East - Along as Bobby Petrino can't figure out a way to get himself fired for constantly flirting with other jobs, Louisville will be the big dogs in the East for a long, long time. Love WVU style of play though. Dave Wannstadt will find some way to take one of last years nastiest and prolific passing offenses and turn them into a grind it out running team sadly. Pitt, we hardly knew ye.

Pac 10 - USC is ripe for the picking this year. They have to travel to Oregon, to Cal and ASU, and any one of those, perhaps two or maybe even all three, could pick them off. They'll still win the Pac10, but they'll get bloodied up along the way. They are still playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. Next year comes the real test.

SEC - Tennessee will just be flat out nasty this year. Bama could be 10-1 or 4-7, who knows. Give Florida one more year before they are a top 5 team. Georgia has no real QB and they lost a lot on D, but they are always trouble. But UT will win.

So my final score - no teams run the table this year, no big conference teams that is, although I think Boise State could do it this year, upsetting UGA and Oregon State along the way.

Lets go with five one loss teams - Texas, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Louisville, USC. USC and A&M will lose their's early, Tennessees will be late, Texas will have theirs to A&M, and Louisville will get no respect after getting surprised by the likes of Pitt, placing in the polls behind two loss Iowa. So the BCS will be USC, A&M, Texas, Tennessee, Iowa, Louisville, Michigan and VaTech. That makes a USC/A&M Rose Bowl, and USC won't lose that one in their hometown.

Turn Off Ads?