Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 56

Thread: Are you ready? One more Saturday until college football

  1. #16
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,603

    Re: Are you ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by kyred14
    Funny thing is, UK still sells out nearly every game in a 70,000 seat stadium. Are we loyal, or just stupid? Wait I'm a Reds fan, too. What does that say about me? Oh well, there's always basketball.
    I thought those 70,000 just get together and talk basketball while a football game goes on in the backround?
    Go Gators!

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,603

    Re: Are you ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    I'll second GAC...

    I also think that Spurrier will do wonders in South Carolina.
    Gonna take him awhile, ole Lou left him a nice mess.
    Go Gators!

  4. #18
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,345

    Re: Are you ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I thought those 70,000 just get together and talk basketball while a football game goes on in the backround?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  5. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    193

    Re: Are you ready?

    Boiler up! Michigan and Ohio State are off Purdue's schedule, and we return all our defensive starters and 7 on offense. Plus, our kicker and punter . So we will be pretty good I think. Since I have season tickets they better not choke.

  6. #20
    Puffy 3:16 Puffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    13,771

    Re: Are you ready?

    hail, hail to Old Notre Dame!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

  7. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Are you ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by gitrdunn44
    Boiler up! Michigan and Ohio State are off Purdue's schedule, and we return all our defensive starters and 7 on offense. Plus, our kicker and punter . So we will be pretty good I think. Since I have season tickets they better not choke.
    That's what I like to hear.

    I'd have to agree with you, I think they can be good this year. If Kirsch does enough stupid stuff to make Joe mad, I think Painter could take over and not look back.

  8. #22
    '92 Les Paul Custom Az Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Posts
    1,053

    Re: Are you ready?



    Bear Down, Arizona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Beware the Stoop's Defense! The PAC-10 is on notice !!!!!!

    (Hey, At least I can predict they won't finish last.)
    Hope Springs Eternal

  9. #23
    Joe Oliver love-child Blimpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,893

    Re: Are you ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I thought those 70,000 just get together and talk basketball while a football game goes on in the backround?
    Count me among the ignorant masses in Lexington who will sit through just about anything on a Saturday afternoon resembling collegiate football. My family and I have had twelve UK season football tickets since 1976....

    I'll even take this psychosis one step further. Of the twelve season football tickets I just mentioned, during the late 70's, my father obtained four of them (seven rows up on the 47 yard line) by forfeiting a pair of season UK basketball tickets (albeit upper arena). Don't ask. Let's just say that Pops was never much of a Joe B. Hall fan...

    Between watching hundreds of UK football games over the last nearly thirty years and having graduated from the University of Florida, I don't really know any brand of football other than the SEC. I have been to games at most of the conference stadia (with the exception of Arkansas and Mississippi State). By the way, if you've never taligated at some of these SEC towns...it's hard to describe to you the atmosphere.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

  10. #24
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,603

    Re: Are you ready?



    I agree, I know no other football then the SEC.

    Arky seems like a nice place to go, I don't think you want to visit Miss.St..apprently the big thing to do in Starkeville is watch cars rust
    Go Gators!

  11. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Danville, KY
    Posts
    928

    Re: Are you ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie
    Count me among the ignorant masses in Lexington who will sit through just about anything on a Saturday afternoon resembling collegiate football. My family and I have had twelve UK season football tickets since 1976....

    I'll even take this psychosis one step further. Of the twelve season football tickets I just mentioned, during the late 70's, my father obtained four of them (seven rows up on the 47 yard line) by forfeiting a pair of season UK basketball tickets (albeit upper arena). Don't ask. Let's just say that Pops was never much of a Joe B. Hall fan...

    Between watching hundreds of UK football games over the last nearly thirty years and having graduated from the University of Florida, I don't really know any brand of football other than the SEC. I have been to games at most of the conference stadia (with the exception of Arkansas and Mississippi State). By the way, if you've never taligated at some of these SEC towns...it's hard to describe to you the atmosphere.
    You didn't happen to go to a certain game in 2002 against a certain team from Louisiana, did you? I'll never forget that game as long as I live.

  12. #26
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Are you ready?



    I bet a lot of people are glad these guys are out of the MAC.

    UK-a team that knows too much about heartbreak in the SEC. They have been somewhat competitive against decent competition in different years, but have never came away with a win.

    I can only take so much, thats why I pull for them in basketball only.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  13. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    592

    Re: Are you ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed


    I bet a lot of people are glad these guys are out of the MAC.

    UK-a team that knows too much about heartbreak in the SEC. They have been somewhat competitive against decent competition in different years, but have never came away with a win.

    I can only take so much, thats why I pull for them in basketball only.
    I bet all those people live in West Virginia too.

    What fun would it be to be the 5th best team in the MAC this year?

  14. #28
    15 game winner Danny Serafini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sultanes de Monterrey
    Posts
    4,183

    Re: Are you ready?

    Marshall ran scared. Once they stopped buying the MAC title game life got tough.

  15. #29
    Joe Oliver love-child Blimpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    4,893

    Re: Are you ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by kyred14
    You didn't happen to go to a certain game in 2002 against a certain team from Louisiana, did you? I'll never forget that game as long as I live.
    Let's put it this way. Not only was I there, but I was actually on the field as the Hail Mary was caught. Because I only had to walk down a few rows, I thought to myself--What the Hell? And I hopped the wall down onto the field and watched the last 2-3 plays from the UK sideline. I admit that I was far too old to be caught up in the "Goalposts: The Sequel" hype, but we had just been so putrid for so long...I mean, only at UK would would fans go after the goal posts after beating a team that was barely in the Top 25 at the time, right?

    I'll never forget the look on the faces of the students that were situated on the opposite end of the field and had no idea the Cats had lost the game. You've heard of the "Walk of Shame"???--Guys were quickly climbing back down from the uprights and the UK players were just walking around like zombies. The field was like a church it was so quiet. Guy Morriss, who was wearing a white shirt that was completely soaked thru from his Gatorade bath only seconds earlier, looked like he was going to hurl on his State Trooper escort. I walked up to Shane Boyd (QB) and told him to "hang with 'em"...all he kept saying was, "That's boosh*t, man. Boosh*t..."

    No Shane. That's just the latest chapter in the never-ending saga.
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

  16. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Arcanum Ohio via Nashville Tn and Jackson MS.
    Posts
    1,508

    Re: Are you ready?

    Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed


    I agree, I know no other football then the SEC.

    Arky seems like a nice place to go, I don't think you want to visit Miss.St..apprently the big thing to do in Starkeville is watch cars rust
    Oh come on Krono, Starkville is a nice town. Very little crime, good restaurants and now with Croom runing the show instead of Jackie Sherrill you migh just see a good team on the field. Bum rap you give the town, yeah I agree it is not Lexington, Nashville or some big city, still a nice little town, other than Oxford, probably the smallest town in the SEC. Watch out for the BullDogs this year, they may just surprise you.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25