Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Killer Bees Found In Louisiana

Killer Bees Found In Louisiana

http://www.local6.com/news/4803716/detail.html

Residents in Caddo Parish, La., have raised their level of concern after the state Department of Agriculture and Forestry confirmed that Africanized killer bees were found in the area.

The discovery of the Africanized bees is the first instance of the insects moving into the state other than through ships in New Orleans, according to the Shreveport Times.

Local emergency crews have put together a policy to help with the arrival of the bees. They will only handle situations that involve multiple bee stings, not just the presence of the bees.

Many local beekeepers said they began preparing for the arrival of the killer bees years ago.

"So if we find a very aggressive colony, we're going to kill out that colony and replace it with a European queen," beekeeper Billy Hummer said.

The bees were found in a trap last week.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Killer Bees Found In Louisiana

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Killer Bees Found In Louisiana
    What are Bagwell, Berkman, and Biggio doing in Louisiana?!?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    What are Bagwell, Berkman, and Biggio doing in Louisiana?!?
    Don't forget Derek Bell. :

Although I could see Derek opening an adult bookstore in New Orleans.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Don't forget Derek Bell. :

Although I could see Derek opening an adult bookstore in New Orleans.
    I thought he was still in operation shutdown?

Anyway, he was one ugly mug.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

We have killer bees in San Antonio. About 4x a year some hapless kid or unsuspecting utility worker gets swarmed when they find a hive of these. I don't recall anyone being killed by them, but I suppose it could happen if the person was allergic.

It's more of a problem for beekeepers and farmers than it is for the general public.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?