Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Resident Poker Pro

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Resident Poker Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    And ya never know. I'm going to play a couple of events this year @ the WSOP, but I don't expect to win any...but ya never know!
    Were the '90 Reds picked to win the WS that year?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Were the '90 Reds picked to win the WS that year?

3 blog updates in the last 24 hours. Some about playing with online poker superstars and some about the big fight Saturday night that we went to.

Life is still, well, pretty awesome!

Finally updated...sorry I've been a slacker, but should catch us all up now

My first major tournament was today...2008 WSOP Event #2 $1500NL.

Only had my chips at risk on two seperate occassions, once w/ AQo on a resteal and once on the river w/ KQo on QQxxx board. Also, only flipped once (my JJ>AQo) and I finished Day 1a w/ T45,800 and in 31st place (of 224 remaining).

Day1b tomorrow (sunday) will play down to the same time in the tournament, so the way things look, by the time I start play again on Monday, I'll be in the money, assuming @ 62nd in chips of the 450 left.

Chip Counts (Edward Uhler)

Go me.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Good Luck in the tourney.

Wonder if we'll get to see you on the WSOP recaps later this year.

How much is the take "at the money" cutoff point?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Good Luck in the tourney.

Wonder if we'll get to see you on the WSOP recaps later this year.

How much is the take "at the money" cutoff point?
    I looked on the WSOP website and they do not have the payout scale up yet because they were still taking entries for day 1B.

It should be somewhere around $3500 for the first pay level.

Just thought I'd throw an update out for Eddie. He has made it into the money today and is listed at having 45,000 in chips. There are 374 players left.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    Just thought I'd throw an update out for Eddie. He has made it into the money today and is listed at having 45,000 in chips. There are 374 players left.
    Where you getting those updates?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Where you getting those updates?
    You can google World Series of Poker or go to Pokernews.com

Our resident poker pro has been knocked out of this tournament. He finished somewhere around 240th and should have taken home around $3700. That is less then what he buys in at for his normal cash games from what I've read about on his blog. Still made $2200 for a couple of days work.

We'll have to wait and see what he got knocked out on. I'm sure he'll post sooner or later.

Hey guys...I had a buddy of mine updating over at twoplustwo.com for me as well as footballguys.net, but not here, my bad...I'll copy and paste the updates and then my response at the end:

Eddy now has 39,800 chips, and is ten spots from the money.
    Tournament is now in the hand-for-hand mode (tournament director makes each table finish the current hand before they deal the next, they do this to ensure players KO'd go out in proper order especially near money).

His table is aggressive, but he is in good shape.

-- Bubble just burst, eddys at 48,800. He laid down QK on K high board to the CL who said he had aces.

Two hands before the bubble burst david singer raises to 2700 with 16,000, eddy flats QKc. Singer check/folds to eddys 4600 bet on the K62 rainbow and shows AQ to eddys bet.

Hes in the money, on break now. Hour until next break

Good luck Eddy, keep it up!

hes guaranteed $3,218 minimum now, 2nd pay level.

He re-raised a steal attempt with AT and took a decent pot down, and is sitting on just over 53,000 now.
    Eddie lost a 32,000 chip pot where he presumably got AQ all in preflop vs KK and lost.
    Hes still sitting on a decent stack of 35,000.
    The above hand was my only marginal spot of the tourney, really. I had just gotten moved to a new table and had yet to even take my chips out of the rack when I was dealt AQo. Blinds were 600/1200/100ante and it's folded to me in middle position. I raise to 3300 and the guy to my left immediately called. I had @ 55,000 and he had 25,000. Folded to the button who shoved for 14,000 more. I tanked for about 2 minutes and finally moved all-in to isolate. It's really close as to whether to fold or shove here, but what finally swayed me was that if I shove and win, I'm a HUGE stack and can really abuse the other stacks at the table. Unfortunately, he had KK (the top of his range, along w/ AA to do that with) and he flopped a K.

Eddys sitting with ~34,000 in the big blind. Folds to the small blind. Before Eddie looks, he asks "Can I get a walk"?. SB shoves. Eddie looks down at two red Aces, and calls.
    22699 is the board. Small blind flips A2 for a monster suckout.
    Eddys sitting on I believe 19k now. Nothing else he could have done, but hes in push/fold mode now.
    This is the hand that really decided my tourney. His shove there was standard being a somewhat short stack. But nonetheless, getting the money in as an 88% favorite and losing really took the wind out of my sails, as you might could imagine.

The hand I went out on was fairly standard, but what wasn't was the guys slow roll. I was quite proud that I didn't choke slam the guy:

The AA v A2c hand obviously hurt. But I was proud of the way I handled it. As soon as he moved in, I asked him, "Really?" to which he responded with "Really". I look down and obviously snap call it.

Flop 225r and I tilt my head back like, "wow, ugh" and stand up for a second, take a deep breath, watch the turn and river 9, 9, then bend over to count out chips. And that was it. No snide remarks, nothing. Just on to the next hand. We went on break after my SB and obviously, I had the wind out of my sails and I went and found my buddy Jody who was playing cash and told him, then headed to the high-limit area to tell Assani who was playing 25/50 PLO.

Took a walk around w/ Amanda for 10 minutes and realized that while yes, I was short now, I wasn't out and was determined to not piss away my last 20k (blinds were going to 800/1600/200 after break). Also I realized that as fun, yet stressful as it was, I'm stress-free now and can just find my hand and go w/ it, as I'm too short to do anything but shove.

So I get moved twice before I have any opportunity to shove when the final hand came up. I'm like 7-8 hands into the new table when UTG min-raises. He has @ 30k total. Folds to me in the CO and I look down at AQo. I figure I have fold equity since if he loses this pot, he's crippled like I am. Folds to him and I say, "I think I have you, but I'd prefer you fold: "Oh, you think you have me?" And then he tanks for a no #### 45 seconds or so and finally says, "Call", and I instantly table my AQo and he chuckles and rolls over his AA.

As soon as I realize what just happened, I tap the table and say, "Stay classy" and watch the dealer roll over Kxx flop. I stand up, turns a J and I say to the dealer, "A ten for karma, dealer", but alas, it was not to be. The river was 9c and I'm sent to the rail in 229th place. I tell the table good luck and head to cash out.

Again, I was proud of the way I handled that situation and yeah, I was pretty pissed off about the slow roll, but c'est la vie, right?

While I was in line to cash out, the A2c guy (John, Bellagio tournament director) busts out and he mentions to me that he was impressed at how I handled the beat he put on me. So at least I know that as a professional, I at least acted as such, so that was nice I s'ppose.

Still hurts like a #####, though. $4,022 is the official cash, btw. Thanks to all y'all for the sweat and everything. Overall, I really think I played pretty great thru the whole tourney and only really had one ??? spot the whole time, so I mean, what else can I really ask for, right?

Still smarts though to bust out 229 of 4000. *sigh*

Happy b-day me.

Hey Eddie, I read your blog from time to time. Good stuff. I was just watching the WPT and saw Vanessa Selbst who you said you played with one night. Oh man, she was totally classless when it got down to the final two. Did you see it? the tension was so high I could feel it in my living room.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Hey Eddie, I read your blog from time to time. Good stuff. I was just watching the WPT and saw Vanessa Selbst who you said you played with one night. Oh man, she was totally classless when it got down to the final two. Did you see it? the tension was so high I could feel it in my living room.
    I did not see it and while I wouldn't say I 'know her', she's just part of the young crew that has really started to rule the poker world (both tourneys and nose-bleed cash games), so she may be a bit cocky, for sure, but she is a helluva player.

Glad you're diggin' the blog...I'm busy playing and not really writing much these days, but when the inspiration to write strikes, I'll be back to writing.

Turn Off Ads?