Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Resident Poker Pro

Re: Resident Poker Pro

Definitely let us know here when you update!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Updated...and how about leaving me a note letting me know you stopped by or a comment?

Updated, finally. Loooong week. Sorry, ya'll.

How novel...an update, Part One, anyway

After nearly a month hiatus from updating, it has begun anew. Enjoy, if you wish.

Good to see you around SC
    Go Gators!

Thanks. Been working a ton, occassionally lurking and when I am not doing those things, I've been working on my game. So far, so good May 1st here we come!

Small update today.

It's been awhile, but I'm back on the horse. At least in a blogging sense. Been playing plenty of cards, just been allowing the blog to slip. No more.

I'm back for those interested in reading.

Sorry, Krono... only had enough "oomph" to write up the first half...stay tuned for tomorrow's update too

Heh, only a year late, I finally did it. As of Feb. 8th, 2008, yours truly is a professional poker player. I started up the blog again and am going to keep it going now that I am playing professionally.

Just thought I'd bump the old thread here to let those that used to follow it, know. Feel free to leave comments either here or at the bottom of the posts on the blog.

I gladly welcome all questions/comments/feedback both on the site/blog itself as well as anything else I can answer.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Hey....nice to know. I did check out your blog a couple of times and there seemed to be some trying times for you.

Have you been able to make enough to cover your bills? Is it somewhat consistent (winning)? How does your wife and family feel about it?

How much can you stomach when the stakes get REALLY high?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Hey....nice to know. I did check out your blog a couple of times and there seemed to be some trying times for you.

Have you been able to make enough to cover your bills? Is it somewhat consistent (winning)? How does your wife and family feel about it?

How much can you stomach when the stakes get REALLY high?

Well, I have officially been a pro now, for a total of 1 month and 1 day.

To give you an idea of the money, my first two weeks, I make just over $10k. My gf (no longer married for a year + now) COMPLETELY supports me and knows this is what I am and what I love to do. Her parents also completely support me as they know that I'm a long-term winner.

As for how to stomach when the stakes get really high? Not sure what exactly you mean, but I play within my bankroll. I play, 6 tables of 200NL online at once, so at any given time, I have $1200-$2000 in play at any one time, but I have over 80 buyins for my level, so while I do run bad on occasion, long term, my hourly winrate is right @ $100/hr. Kinda beats working for someone else, no?

Hope you enjoy the read and following!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Are you playing only online now?
    I remember from your blog, going to tournaments...etc.

(won't say good luck, b/c long term luck evens out...it's just another job if your system is good).
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Are you playing only online now?
    I remember from your blog, going to tournaments...etc.

(won't say good luck, b/c long term luck evens out...it's just another job if your system is good).
    I am...it's a little tough with the packing/moving and all, but I find time to put in about 1000 hands a day (about 1/3 what I would normally put in, but I'm running hot, making just over $3,000 the last two days).

I'm pretty much exclusively a cash game player nowadays as it just suits me better. I plan on playing the 5/10NL game at the Wynn as my "regular" game once I get out to Vegas next week. Most people buy in for $2000-$10,000 and it plays pretty big, so should be a good game

And thanks

Turn Off Ads?