Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Resident Poker Pro

Re: Resident Poker Pro

Finally settled out here in Vegas and been playing as often as I can. Went to see Joss Stone tonight...great show!

Are any of you guys still interested in following along here or should I let my thread here die?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm definitely interested. Keep the updates coming.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I check your blog once a week. It's been interesting to see a "regular" guy turn into a poker pro and you do a great job telling all your poker stories.

Oh, ok cool. I see that people have my site bookmarked and such, but not sure if they're from here or not. I may just post here a quick tidbit so that I don't fill up the thread w/ the same posts as my blog, but yeah, I'll keep it running here as well then.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    Oh, ok cool. I see that people have my site bookmarked and such, but not sure if they're from here or not. I may just post here a quick tidbit so that I don't fill up the thread w/ the same posts as my blog, but yeah, I'll keep it running here as well then.
    By all means, keep us updated here. I think your story is fascinating. Keep chasing your dream, sir!
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

So, I played really well last night, yet I'm irritated as all get-out thanks to being a pansy!

Hopefully gonna hit the Citizen Cope concert tonight here in town. I hope we can get a couple of seats!!

Updated a few days ago about the Citizen Cope concert and since then, have been pretty much been playing exclusively the $5/$10NL game at the Wynn.

My first 3 sessions have been pretty insanely good...I'm up just a little over $15,000 this week. Good week. The blog w/ be updated w/ a hugely long post by the time you guys read this in the morning.

And please, either leave me comments here or at the end of a blog entry where it says "deal me in" or "hands dealt".

Thanks!

-Eddie

Impressive. Must be nice to earn 15K in under 8 days

I know you've put in a ton of time to get to this level. Well done.

I'm glad when I win $25 in a .10/.25 cash game. Of course I'm sitting at work when I'm doing it but...

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    Impressive. Must be nice to earn 15K in under 8 days

I know you've put in a ton of time to get to this level. Well done.

I'm glad when I win $25 in a .10/.25 cash game. Of course I'm sitting at work when I'm doing it but...
    Yes, it feels great. But there will also be times where I go to work and lose $15k in under 8 days. It won't happen often, but I assure you, it will happen.

But I love it nonetheless and I wouldn't trade my life, as it is right now, for anything else!

So are you going to start turning up on ESPN? I personally despise the fact that ESPN, FSN, and other outlets have been clogged up with televised poker matches, to the exclusion of sports I enjoy, namely soccer. However, if a Redszoner were on, I might catch a broadcast or two.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    So are you going to start turning up on ESPN? I personally despise the fact that ESPN, FSN, and other outlets have been clogged up with televised poker matches, to the exclusion of sports I enjoy, namely soccer. However, if a Redszoner were on, I might catch a broadcast or two.
    I love that Poker is on all the time. I turn it on as background noise while I am doing other things and then check up on it from time to time. I only get to play once a month or so and find it helps me quite a bit to have watched a bit over the time I haven't been playing. (Percentages, tactics, etc.)

Plus I don't get into soccer.

GL

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

To the exclusion of sports period, not just enjoyable ones. Maybe they need to come up with a game channel, not to be confused with a sports channel. Then when they're not showing poker you could see televised Euchre tournaments as well. Trow in Monopoly and Scrabble and you could have a full day's programming lineup.

Hey guys...updated...I'm not gonna post in here every time I update the blog, but I figure those that want to follow it already have it bookmarked.

I will mention one last thing though...since some of the guys I play against read my blog, I have stopped posting specific hands in there, but I also have a thread over @ footballguys.net forums (fasteddie_21 over there), so if you guys want to either read or join in the discussion of specific hands or whatnot, just post in the thread and I try to answer each post.

Hopefully you guys don't think I'm spamming the board or w/e...just trying to give you guys the option to follow along w/ the hands etc.

And fwiw, I love the old reruns of poker later at night...I usually have seen them all about a dozen times, but at 3am, I'll take it if I'm not out playing!

My Mom is addicted to those shows. If SFC gets on any show (and if he hasn't changed his appearance that much) - I'll let my Mom know.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    My Mom is addicted to those shows. If SFC gets on any show (and if he hasn't changed his appearance that much) - I'll let my Mom know.
    heh...well since you last saw me, I had grown my hair out (20" pony tail) and cut it off, but now, I'm a fairly clean-cut guy w/ sideburns and a long goatee. Otherwise, short haired

And ya never know. I'm going to play a couple of events this year @ the WSOP, but I don't expect to win any...but ya never know!

Turn Off Ads?