Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Minor Reputation System Changes

Minor Reputation System Changes

All,

As GIK and I said in our initial post on the matter, the reputation scoring system would likely requiring some tweaking once we saw the system in action. True to our word, we have instituted the following changes, effective immediately:

• For every 150 reputation points a member has accumulated, they receive 1 power point. This value has been increased from the previous value of 100 to ensure that no single user's reputation power becomes too much. Thus, this will change the amount of reputation power almost everyone (with the ability) has, but it should NOT retroactively affect reputation left in the past - only reputation left from here on out.
    • Users with the ability to give out reputation to other users are now allotted two daily reputation clicks. This is down from five daily clicks. This is purposely set low to encourage the user leaving reputation to put some degree of thought into whether or not a given post truly deserves positive or negative reputation. Please keep in mind what the reputation system is designed for when you leave it for others.
    • Finally, to prevent reputation inflation, a user with the ability to leave reputation must spread reputation to 15 unique users before he or she can leave reputation for the same user again. This number of unique users remains the same - I just want to clarify what that level is.
    Additionally, I have updated the defacto reputation system FAQ, now viewable to ALL users (registered or not) under The Old Red Guard description, with a list of these changes. If you have any additional questions about the system, that thread is a great place to start. You may use this thread to discuss these changes to the reputation system, but besides that, all reputation-related discussion/questions must be handled privately with an administrator or moderator.

Boss

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Minor Reputation System Changes

No complaints here. Sounds like a good plan. I rarely gave all 5 in one 24 hours period, and limiting to two will hopefully have positve influence on us all.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Just wanted to say what you gave me negative reputation for was not deserving, and it was simply based on upon you carry some old hostility towards me since I disagreed with some things when this system first began (Which I now think is a pretty good system).

However, "Boss"......I think that now I see it's pretty easy to win the game when you are the oen making/shaping the rules. What you awarded me negative rep for (after I had just obtained enough positive to reach ORG) was simply my opinion. No I didn't have the time to do a bar graph or line chart, but simply state my opinion that the Reitsma trade was a wash. Thanks alot.

Quote Originally Posted by KearnsyEars
    Just wanted to say what you gave me negative reputation for was not deserving, and it was simply based on upon you carry some old hostility towards me since I disagreed with some things when this system first began (Which I now think is a pretty good system).

However, "Boss"......I think that now I see it's pretty easy to win the game when you are the oen making/shaping the rules. What you awarded me negative rep for (after I had just obtained enough positive to reach ORG) was simply my opinion. No I didn't have the time to do a bar graph or line chart, but simply state my opinion that the Reitsma trade was a wash. Thanks alot.
    Not only is your "logic" completely misfounded, but personal matters such as this should be handled PRIVATELY, since the reputation was left PRIVATELY. If you have a problem with what I left, or WHY I left it, you can handle it in such a manner. This certainly is not the place for it, and frankly, you should know better.

Kearnsey, you just don't ever learn.

Boss, sounds like a great system. I just hit 200 points yesterday and I plan on being as far as possible with the rep system. Thanks again for keeping such good order in YOUR & GIK's site. I enjoy posting here, and hopefully intelligent conversations will resume after a few messy ones.

Welcome to the majors Osuredleg

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862
    Welcome to the majors Osuredleg
    Thanks Gallen. It got a little quiet in Live once you got promoted, glad to see I've got some Guard privileges nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by OSURedLeg
    Kearnsey, you just don't ever learn.

Boss, sounds like a great system. I just hit 200 points yesterday and I plan on being as far as possible with the rep system. Thanks again for keeping such good order in YOUR & GIK's site. I enjoy posting here, and hopefully intelligent conversations will resume after a few messy ones.
    Yes, welcome to ORG
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Can we get the list of recent reputation that we've given out in our user CP expanded to 15 names?

Since we can only give out repuation to a unique user every 7.5 days, it would be nice to see a full list of people we can't give out reputation to (on a given day).
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I'm glad you guys have decided too tweak the system. And I don't think this will be the last time. I guess it's an evolving Redszone and not just intelligent design.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    Can we get the list of recent reputation that we've given out in our user CP expanded to 15 names?

Since we can only give out repuation to a unique user every 7.5 days, it would be nice to see a full list of people we can't give out reputation to (on a given day).
    I'll see what I can do about that. The list that displays the 10 most recent people you've assigned reputation to was a customized add-on I downloaded. (whereas the latest reputation list you've received is a built in feature - but go figure) So, if I can figure out how to tweak that custom code to make it display 15 names instead of 10, I will.

Boss

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    I'll see what I can do about that. The list that displays the 10 most recent people you've assigned reputation to was a customized add-on I downloaded. (whereas the latest reputation list you've received is a built in feature - but go figure) So, if I can figure out how to tweak that custom code to make it display 15 names instead of 10, I will.

Boss
    Thanks Boss, It's no big deal, but it would be nice to have.

Keep up the good work.

Sounds good Boss..100% agreed
    Go Gators!

Great work as usual, Boss.

Sounds like some positive changes. I usually post at another similar site for Dave Matthews Band and the reputation system was tried there as well. People abused it horribly and it was eventually done away with because of reasons that this will prevent.

Keep up the good work!

Turn Off Ads?