Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Documents: U.S. had plan to nuke N. Korea

Documents: U.S. had plan to nuke N. Korea

http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breakin...5605-6954r.htm

Seoul, South Korea, Nov. 7 (UPI) -- Newly declassified documents revealed the United States planned as recently as 1998 to drop nuclear bombs on North Korea if the country attacked South Korea.

As part of "scenario 5027," 24 F15-E bombers flew simulation missions at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base in North Carolina to drop mock nuclear bombs on a firing range between January and June 1998, the Korea Times reported Sunday.

The revelation followed claims by a South Korean lawmaker that the U.S. drew up plans to launch preemptive strikes on key targets in North Korea in 1994.

The report also came amid concerns that President George Bush will take a tougher stance with North Korea during his second term.

The declassified documents also said the U.S. had kept nuclear weaponry in South Korea until at least 1998, despite officially claiming it had withdrawn all nuclear warheads in 1991.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Documents: U.S. had plan to nuke N. Korea

I would guess that these plans are still in effect and that we also have similar plans to nuke mainland China if it should invade Taiwan. Although Wal-Mart and the thousands of other US companies whose fortunes are tied to China would probably prefer that we didn't.
    /r/reds

Such plans also were around during the cold war to hold the Russians back if they every went after Germany/France
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    Although Wal-Mart and the thousands of other US companies whose fortunes are tied to China would probably prefer that we didn't.
    It would reduce the national debt pretty quickly though

I imagine we've got plans to attack pretty much everyone on earth if provoked. We're big planners.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    I imagine we've got plans to attack pretty much everyone on earth if provoked. We're big planners.
    I'm distrustful of those Canadians
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed

Rhode Island could whip them.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I wish John Candy was still around, he'd be able to do it.

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    I would guess that these plans are still in effect and that we also have similar plans to nuke mainland China if it should invade Taiwan. . Although Wal-Mart and the thousands of other US companies whose fortunes are tied to China would probably prefer that we didn't
    No way. There isn't a U.S. president in the last 40 years who would have done that. Strategically, Taiwan means very very little of us compared to mainland China... regardless of whatever reprehensible things they might do.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Yeah, that was some *real* Boy Scout planning for Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin
    I wish John Candy was still around, he'd be able to do it.
    Able, perhaps, but I doubt he'd be willing, since he was Canadian himself.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    No way. There isn't a U.S. president in the last 40 years who would have done that. Strategically, Taiwan means very very little of us compared to mainland China... regardless of whatever reprehensible things they might do.
    Democratic (small "d") symbolism and trade make Taiwan a much bigger deal than the tiny space it occupies on the map. I think the leverage they gained against Taiwan was one of the biggest motivating factors for China to open its markets. Maybe that's why the Chinese have been doing some sabre-rattling about Taiwan this year? Just to see how this administration would react.
    /r/reds

We would never nuke the French. Wouldn't have to.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

We probably have plans to nuke ourselves afterall doesn't the military claim to protect us from enemies both foregin AND domestic?

Regarding China, I think to go to war with, let alone nuke, Mainland China to protect Tawain would be the most foolish and possibe last mistake a US President could ever make.

Maybe the plan is to trade them Taiwain and we get North Korea
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?