Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ABC anchor Peter Jennings has passed away

Re: ABC anchor Peter Jennings has passed away

Peter was simply the best. It is a shock he is gone, he will be greatly missed.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    BTW, Matt Drudge said on his radio show last night that Diane Sawyer has the inside track on the anchor desk at ABC.
    I'd prefer Charlie Gibson.
    Go Gators!

I know this sounds cold. And I guess it is. But we are using this high profile death as a learning tool with our son as to why smoking isn't the brightest thing in the world to do.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    To show you the rock I've been living under... I had no idea he was sick, nor that he was no longer the ABC News anchor. RIP.
    Same with me. I show it and was kind of shocked, but I guess it was known that he had cancer.

RIP
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

got alil captain in u?

sad to see peter jennings had passed saw it last nite around 12 or 12:30 with the big three of brokaw jennings and rather gone neither nba,abc or cbs has a permanent replacement yet

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    I know this sounds cold. And I guess it is. But we are using this high profile death as a learning tool with our son as to why smoking isn't the brightest thing in the world to do.
    Not cold at all. I'd do the same thing for my daughters--when they're old enough to make sense of it. Life is learning from mistakes.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

The one lasting memory I will take from Peter Jennings is something very late in his career: his refusal (and, by extension ABC World News Tonight's refusal) to carry and coverage of the Lacey Peterson story.

While the advent of 24 hour cable news television has opened some of the broadest fronts in information, it has also brought about levels of sensational journalism previously unheard of. Every event is now spun out of control until one can scarcely remember why it became such a big deal in the first place. In this environment, Jennings took a stand and said, firmly: "No, this is not news, and if you want to find out about it, you can look someplace else."

I was impressed.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    I think that's what he would want you to do. I was watching the news last night when they reran some of his broadcasts and when they got to his last one in which he announced he had cancer, he said, yes I smoked for 20 years, or something like that. The way he said it was a way that I think he wanted people to know the dangers of it. That's just the impression I got.

Turn Off Ads?