Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just joined Netflix.

Just joined Netflix.

I just joined netflix, kind of an impulse thing since they have a 2 week free trial right now. Just wondering if anyone else here has it and if they like it or not. Thanks in advance for any info!
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Just joined Netflix.

We have had it for over 2 years and love it. We are TERRIBLE at returning movies on time so that was a huge thing. I have never had to wait more than 2-3 days to receive any movie and had 3 movies lost on returning them, only to have them show up at netflix weeks later. Absolutely no problems with them whatsoever. Very good and convienient deal, imo.

We have it. It's worked out great. Only have to wait a couple of days most times for a new DVD. We had one come to us cracked and unplayable. I sent them an e-mail and dropped it back in the mail. No hassle at all, had a replacement in just a day or two. I would highly recommend. They have lotsa TV's shows too. I currently have the 1st season of Hogan's Heroes.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Time is the Revelator.

Netflix is the best. Great selection.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Works great for me. I hate driving to the store to return videos and I have paid more in library fines for late DVDs than I pay for a month of Netflix.

Now I want an equivalent service for books on CD.
    /r/reds

La Dolce Vita

We live in central KY and get ours in one day. There's a distribution center in Louisville. Since you're around Dayton you should get yours in one day also. Netflix is a dream come true if you're a movie lover.
    teach tolerance.

Thanks for all the input everyone, I hope it works out as well for me as it did all of you.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Wow, you guys have convinced me too.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Arcanum Ohio via Nashville Tn and Jackson MS.

I joined it a while back but always had trouble with those round things going into my VCR tape player, had to shove them in real hard. Wouldn't play good on my 8-track tape player either.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I was going to go for Netflix, but Blockbuster had the same deal for $2/month less ($15).

It's been great, and they give me two monthly free in-store rentals also.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I use Blockbuster. I get 3 movies at a time and pay less than Netflix. I return the movies one day, they receive them the next, send out the new ones that same day, and I receive them the following day. So I usually put the DVDs in the mail Monday morning and have the new ones Wednesday.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Time is the Revelator.

Blockbuster is good too, but Netflix is better for the movie geek. It has the larger selection of foreign and independt films, etc. Blockbuster is a good choice too tho.

got alil captain in u?

i have it and i like it real good selection of movies

La Dolce Vita

I dislike the regular Blockbuster (the evil empire of video stores) so much that I would never use their mail service, which they started (plus dropped store late fees) because of Netflix. I'll gladly pay the $2 extra. I rent loads of foreign and classic films, and the Netflix selection is neverending.
    teach tolerance.

Turn Off Ads?