Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just joined Netflix.

Re: Just joined Netflix.

I read several years ago Bloclbuster edited certain content out of movies they had. I didn't follow up to verify, but with plenty of other rental stores in the area, I haven't been in a Blockbuster since. Anyone else remember this?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I've heard that Blockbuster has its distribution centers located in different cities than Netflix. The speed of the turnaround is highly dependent on your city's proximity to a distribution center.

Personally, Blockbuster's fees and policies have created so much ill will with me over the years that I am happier not giving them money for the same service than I would be saving a buck or two over Netflix.
    /r/reds

La Dolce Vita

Quote Originally Posted by 919191
    I read several years ago Bloclbuster edited certain content out of movies they had. I didn't follow up to verify, but with plenty of other rental stores in the area, I haven't been in a Blockbuster since. Anyone else remember this?
    Yes, I do, which is one of the reasons I won't go in one either. Ex: Requiem For A Dream, a hard movie about drug addiction, which Ellen Burstyn should have won an Oscar for (instead of Julia Roberts). I got into it a bit w/ the Blockbuster manager over the fact that they carried only an edited (R-rated) version. It was originally unrated. I can't verify if Blockbuster had edited it, but, at the very least, they weren't letting customers make their own decisions. Her only argument was, 'it's just policy.'

They didn't change their expensive business model (inflexible late fees, limited selection) until Netflix (which was started by a man trying to get away from Blockbuster late fees) came up with a better, common sense model. Now Blockbuster tries to undercut Netflix with their own mail service. Thanks, but no thanks.
    teach tolerance.

Turn Off Ads?