Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TN Fugivtives caught in Columbus

Re: TN Fugivtives caught in Columbus

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan
    Did anyone see the mooner on channel 10 last night? As Maureen Kocot was talking about the capture a guy over her left shoulder runs in between two buildings and drops his trousers. A little humor in a otherwise sad story.
    Hope it wasn't a cop
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

This is why, IMO, the death penalty is a deterrent (spelled right? oh well.)

When the easily manipulated woman was told she faces possible (possible? like how about "for sure") death penalty, during her hearing, she put her head down and put her head in her hands, and now is fighting extradition.

She actually thought what she did would not get her a death penalty?
    If you think that.....then there is no reason for you to care that you kill someone else or not.

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

She actually thought what she did would not get her a death penalty?
    I seriously doubt she considered it. I imagine, like most criminals, that her plan was to get away with it.

The death penalty doesn't work. It might make people feel better, and I suppose the argument could be made that it's worth it for that end, but it doesn't lower the crime rate. And I'm not really comfortable with my government having the power to kill it's own citizens, criminals or not. It's the libertarian in me I guess.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    I seriously doubt she considered it. I imagine, like most criminals, that her plan was to get away with it.

The death penalty doesn't work. It might make people feel better, and I suppose the argument could be made that it's worth it for that end, but it doesn't lower the crime rate. And I'm not really comfortable with my government having the power to kill it's own citizens, criminals or not. It's the libertarian in me I guess.

I completely agree.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful
    The death penalty doesn't work. .
    IMO, it doesn't work because the country doesn't implement it properly.
    Case it point. the Columbus highway sniper. He should've gotten it, but the stupid jurorers in the trial were mad they had to serve on Mother's Day, they called it a hung jury. Now the death penalty is off the table.

Just like with kids, if you have any punishment, it needs to be applied consistently. I'm not saying the death penalty should be imposed on every murder. To me there's a "guilty" vote because of 'beyond reasonable doubt' (the prosecuting attorney was more convincing), and then there's "guilty as sin" (like the Columbus sniper). People who are guilty as sin .. no question at all they did the murder, the evidence is overwhelming should be put to death, and quickly (no sitting on death row for 20 years). Like this lady. She should be executed within 2-3 years. If the punishment was applied swifty and consistently, it would be a more effective deterent.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I agree with REDREAD. If it is without a doubt....they should go...and quickly.

Ted Bundy.... this new bald headed creep they caught after years of hiding (forgot the name).... people who rob liquor stores,banks, or holdup indivisuals, car jackings........get their money and still shot people.

It may not be a complete deterent ..... but i think it does help more than you think.

Where did you hear about this mother day's garbage? 1 mother's day out of their lives and they have to let some scum go free? What if it was their mother who got shot? What if someone does it again...and it's them?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    Apparently, the couple wasn't that smart. They got caught because they rode a cab from Erlanger to Columbus. They told the driver they were coming for an Amway convention, but the driver actually got suspicious because they didn't go on and on about Amway.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I'm pretty good friends with the folks at Taco Ninja, here in Columbus. They're a really excellent burrito place that'll deliver to your house until 1 am or something....

Anyway, the killers ordered Taco Ninja right before they got caught. Something like 39 bucks worth of burritos and sodas.

The guy that delivered it to the hotel saw the woman limping around, and they tipped really well. The owner woke up that morning and saw his burritos on CNN.
    Pray for Rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger
    Where did you hear about this mother day's garbage? 1 mother's day out of their lives and they have to let some scum go free? What if it was their mother who got shot? What if someone does it again...and it's them?
    I believe it was in the Columbus Dispatch or on the local news. I think it was the paper. Anyhow, they just said that numerous times the jurors were heard to be complaining about how they were probably going to have to serve during Mother's Day, and there was speculation that's why they declared themselves to be a hung jury quickly.

The defense for the highway shooter claimed he was insane and didn't know right from wrong (If he didn't know it was wrong, why did he flee to Vegas?)
    That's another change I'd like to see be made. The jury doesn't decide the death penalty or not. The jury only decides if the crime was commited, and then a formula is applied to see if the person gets the death penalty. When it becomes a judgement call, too many people that should get the death penalty get off. The formula would be based on how overwhelming the evidence is. For example, there's no doubt the highway shooter and the lady in this thread did murder. They planned it and did it without any remorse. They should be executed, not paraded in front of a jury with a good defense attorney that can manipulate sympathy out of the jury.

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I'm just curious, which motel in Erlanger did they stay at?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    I don't think they stayed at Erlanger. I think they went from their get-away car to a cab, and the cab drove them to Columbus.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Econo Lodge, room 111.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?