Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Game thread 8/12

Re: Game thread 8/12

nice DP by KEArns.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

That was a tremendous play by Mr. Kearns.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    .738 OPS from a right fielder with 231 ABs is terrible. And really he's been only marginally better since returning from Louisville.

I defended the guy because I thought he was hurt, but his game's gone totally in the crapper.
    .281/.344/.491/.835 since he came back plus he's playing the game with his glove too.

I ain't complaining, not everyone has the same path.

What a play by Ears! Got the ball on the warning track and dbl'd Weeks off 1st. Bad decision by Weeks. Inning over!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Since returning, Kearns has been bashed after every atbat that resulted in an out. I don't really understand it, dude is OPSing around .840 since his return. And his plate discipline has been much better this month(four walks in 24 atbats).
    When he was demoted he was OPSing .725. Now it's .738. That's a crummy season by any metric. Yeah, he's been a little better, but he's basically a slow singles hitter.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    jesus, you guys are a bucket full of sunshine.
    Don't call me Jesus...

Standridge has been pretty good with us so far

Since returning, Kearns has been beat up on after every atbat that resulted in an out. I don't really understand it, dude is OPSing around .840 since his return. And his plate discipline has been much better this month(four walks in 24 atbats).
    I don't get it either. Oh well, I like the guy and that's good enough for me.

Since returning, Kearns has been bashed after every atbat that resulted in an out. I don't really understand it, dude is OPSing around .840 since his return. And his plate discipline has been much better this month(four walks in 24 atbats).
    I am not ready to give up on AK. He has been better but only marginally. The Reds still have the 5 in 4 problem which if they solved might aloow someone to blossom.

Standridge may be luckier than Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon
    Standridge has been pretty good with us so far
    he has shown some potential but has been very fortunate

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    When he was demoted he was OPSing .725. Now it's .738. That's a crummy season by any metric. Yeah, he's been a little better, but he's basically a slow singles hitter.
    17 games and 57 ab's since he came back and he's 25 years old, I'll hold off writing him off.

I'm really down on AK as a hitter, but he really plays nice right field. That play was justs outstanding. Good running catch in deep right followed by throw to first to get runner.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    .281/.344/.491/.835 since he came back plus he's playing the game with his glove too.

I ain't complaining, not everyone has the same path.
    I agree woy. Do you think alot of it has to do with playing more consistently on a day to day basis also? You have to get into a rhythm.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    I am not ready to give up on AK. He has been better but only marginally. The Reds still have the 5 in 4 problem which if they solved might aloow someone to blossom.
    True enough. I think the guy still has a shred of hope. Probably not with this ballclub--that milk is spilt, IMO.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?