Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Actor Christopher Walken to run for President in 2008

Actor Christopher Walken to run for President in 2008

http://www.walken2008.com/index.html

For Immediate Release

New York - Early today, actor Christopher Walken, 62, held a private conference at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York in which he announced his intentions to run for the Presidency of the United States in the 2008 Election.

Said the Queens native, “I have always been a follower of politics. My father was friends with the mayor of Schodack (NY) back in the 1940’s. We would walk the streets of Schodack and the people, they would wave to him. The children adored him. That is what I love to be, a man of respect and love.”

From a statement by Walken's agent, Toni Howard: “Mr. Walken has greatly admired the celebrities who have entered politics and he wants to be able to give a good name and reputation to the acting community as well as the political community. As for going national with this news we have not made any plans for the immediate future."

Because Mr. Walken is currently contracted for more than one film production, the Walken campaign manager Michael Hansee admitted that there would be relatively minimal publicity at this early stage. "[Mr. Walken] has a full plate right now, acting in a number of different films, and can't start any personal campaign work until these obligations are fulfilled," he commented. "We're looking to spread the word and build a little support base with our website, in preparation for a full campaign in early 2007."

The campaign website is patriotic-themed, with the tag-line "To Get America Back on Track." Hansee stated that the campaign is hoping to drum up early support through their online presence, much like Howard Dean did in the 2004 race.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Actor Christopher Walken to run for President in 2008

IIRC:

These are the issues that need solutions now, and Christopher Walken is not afraid to address them. He wants his supporters and opponents to know that he is clear in his ideals and will fight to lead America to a better place.

Campaign Finance Reform:
    "I believe that campaign finance is a very tough issue, with good points on both sides; but I feel, as a wealthy American, that I should have no more say than even the least fortunate American citizen. Free speech in politics is about the voices of all those who support you, not who supports you with the biggest voice."

Military Funding:
    "I am a huge supporter of the military. I have always thought of them as our guardians, and when our guardians are making less than the poverty line, and children are suffering because their parents decided to join the military, well, I get very upset. I feel that instead of sending billions to the Pentagon's pet projects, it should go to the troops."

Stem Cell Research:
    "I'd met Chris Reeve several times before he died, and after having met him it is tough to be against [stem cell research]. I am for human knowledge and expansion of human life. If stem cells are one way to do that, I cannot support legislation to restrict this potentially life-saving research."
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Is he serious?
    Obviously, there have been actors turned politicians before, but even people such as Reagan, Schwareznegger, Murphy, Bono, et al, began their political career by trying for a lower office (governor, senator), rather than begin by trying to be elected to the pinnacle of American politics.
    If he does run, I wonder how long it will take before reporters start asking him about what happened on the boat the night Natalie Wood drowned?
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

You know what this country really needs?

Christopher Walken should run on one issue:

Vote for me, and we'll scrap "Hail to the Chief". All press conferences and Presedential speeches will begin with the music and moves from the Fatboy Slim video "Weapon of Choice".

That would be the absolute coolest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan
    Christopher Walken should run on one issue:

Vote for me, and we'll scrap "Hail to the Chief". All press conferences and Presedential speeches will begin with the music and moves from the Fatboy Slim video "Weapon of Choice".

That would be the absolute coolest thing ever.
    That should be Walkens slogan for the campaign.

"You can go with this, you can go with that, or you can go with us."
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan

I know that actors and other celebrities have "run for president" just to call attention to a certain cause, without really expecting to win, and I assume that is what Walken is doing. However I am struck by how little his screen persona will probably help him. Ronald Reagan was almost always cast as a good guy, and his roles helped his political image. Arnold Schwarznegger has used his movie image to project toughness. Walken's predominate image is not of being a "good guy" or of being a "tough" person-it is one of being a weirdo. Strangeness rarely if ever is a political virtue. This doesn't mean Walken himself is weird, but many of his roles have been playing guys who were, well, nuts.

This could make for some interesting interviews and political speaches. What will his slogan be? Marsupials scare me, .... cuz they're fast.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan

bwahahahahahahahaha

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

More Cowbell!!!!

I got a fever!!!!

And the only thing that will cure it....
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

La Dolce Vita

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron
    Is he serious?
    Obviously, there have been actors turned politicians before, but even people such as Reagan, Schwareznegger, Murphy, Bono, et al, began their political career by trying for a lower office (governor, senator), rather than begin by trying to be elected to the pinnacle of American politics.
    If he does run, I wonder how long it will take before reporters start asking him about what happened on the boat the night Natalie Wood drowned?
    lol..I was wondering how long it would take you to get Natalie Wood into this thread, RB.
    teach tolerance.

Give him some shampanya, or champagne.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop
    lol..I was wondering how long it would take you to get Natalie Wood into this thread, RB.
    You know me Sweetstop-I get to the really vital issues.

I could never vote for a guy who was the worst villain in all Bond film history.

Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?