Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: I have issues

Re: I have issues

Women in Saddam Hussein's Iraq had the right to vote.......for Saddam. Or they could vote for someone else and be murdered, the same right to vote men had.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster
    So you are seriously saying that Hussien was a democratic elected leader?
    You are saying that women were elected? When? Where?
    I must say, your comprehension skills in this thread are lacking, George. I never said that Hussein was democratically elected (he would tell you he was, his goons and thugs would tell you otherwise). I merely said that, when it came to voting rights, women had the same rights as men in the country. Go back and read it again, maybe a little more slowly this time around...see if you can understand the concept.

The "parliment" was a puppet of Hussein. He ruled Iraq, there was not a "government." If you disagreed with him he killed you, or worse, your children in front of you.
    I don't see anyone here disputing that.

If women were "equal" in Hussein's eutpoia what was the punishment for his sons raping women at well?
    The same punishment they received for killing men who disagreed with Hussein's government. And where on Earth are you getting this "Hussein's eutopia (sic)" nonsense? You're just making stuff up now to make up for the fact that you don't understand what you're talking about and can't be bothered to research any facts.

Hussein was a dictator, killing anyone,anywere he wanted. This is the opinion of the civilized world.
    ...and who is arguing this?
    This is not subjective, this is a fact. Are you apart of the civilized world? We can disagree on the war but the facts I just mentioned are not in dispute.
    No, they're not. But you're arguing two different things. I guess you don't really see that, but you are.

Here, because I play nice even with people arguing out of their...well, anyway...here is an article that may shed some light on this topic for you. It will make you happy to know that the article is quite vocal about Saddam being the brutal dictator which we all know to be true, but it also discusses the juxtaposition of that with the fact that his secular government had by far the most relaxed and liberal policies concerning women as any Arab government. Link to article

Your telling me to pursue the truth? Please.
    No, I'm not even asking that much. Just base your argument in some form of reality, and perhaps run a spell check every once in awhile.
    Last edited by registerthis; 08-26-2005 at 09:44 AM.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Post deleted. Disputes about Rep points do not need to be posted in the forum. I'm taking it outside. RBA
    Last edited by RBA; 08-30-2005 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBloodedAmerican
    Thank you RedsRule2500 for docking me rep points for starting this thread. You have that right.
    Pitiful. Opinions are something that should never enter into the rep points.

Weak... :thumbdown
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I think the key point here is that a secular dictatorship may be replaced by a fundamentalist one. Those are really bad choices.

Turn Off Ads?