Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Attacks, Kills Teen Posing For Senior Pictures

Tiger Attacks, Kills Teen Posing For Senior Pictures

When will people learn that wild animals are just that? They're not pets or cuddly stuffed animals. How can we blame the tiger for holding true to it's natural animal instincts?

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/4869665/detail.html

MOUND VALLEY, Kan. -- A Bengal tiger attacked and killed a teenage girl Thursday at a southeast Kansas animal sanctuary.

Haley Hilderbrand, 17, of Altamont, Kan., was posing with the tiger for her senior high school pictures at the Lost Creek Animal Sanctuary.

A news release from the Labette County Sheriff's Office said the big cat was being restrained by its handler, but it attacked the teenager, anyway.

The 7-year-old tiger was killed.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tiger Attacks, Kills Teen Posing For Senior Pictures

This stuff slays me, people putting kids on buffalo and now this.... Tigers weigh like 850 lbs and can kill you with a half effort swing of their giant paw

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    The 7-year-old tiger was killed.
    Well, great. You take a wild animal, place it in an unfamiliar environment, it reacts naturally and a human being is unfortunately killed, and then the tiger is killed as well.

Sometimes I really, really love humanity.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    Well, great. You take a wild animal, place it in an unfamiliar environment, it reacts naturally and a human being is unfortunately killed, and then the tiger is killed as well.

Exactly. Wouldn't want that Bengal tiger in Kansas to pose a threat to anybody else.

The other day here in Portland someone lost their pet.... a "Siberian Lynx" it had been declawed and was missing for 2 days, when this woman came around the corner to her granddaughter screaming and saw the cat with its mouth on the girls head. GM threw a brick at the cat and it ran, eventually animal control tracked it down and killed it.

Keeping wild animals as pets is whack.

Tiger Attacks, Kills Teen Posing For Senior Pictures
    Now she'll probably get her own page in the yearbook.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Local news anchor reporting this story prefaced it with, "Remember parents, you can always say "no" when your kids ask for things." I couldn't agree more. Pin blame for this one on the parents.
    /r/reds

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis

Are we talking actual tigers or baby tiger fetuses? Because if we're talking baby tiger fetuses than I don't see what's wrong about killing them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baumer
    Are we talking actual tigers or baby tiger fetuses? Because if we're talking baby tiger fetuses than I don't see what's wrong about killing them.
    Is this really the place for that?
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    Is this really the place for that?
    Yeah, I mean what's next? Peeing in the sink?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Yeah, I mean what's next? Peeing in the sink?
    As if every guy here hasn't been to a bar at some point in his life where that has been a necessity.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Keeping wild animals as pets is whack.
    I agree with this, but at the same time, I have no problem with killing one of these "pets" if they get loose. Human safety is my main concern. Everyone who owns one of these exotics claim that they are trained/harmless. The lynx may have been harmless, but the animal control people don't have time to verify this, IMO.

While I think it was incredibly stupid to get a picture taken with a Tiger, I do feel much sadder that someone lost their daughter than I do for the Tiger.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Exactly. Wouldn't want that Bengal tiger in Kansas to pose a threat to anybody else.
    I think in cases like this they destroy the animal because they are afraid it will develop a "taste" for humans and will become a threat to its trainers, handlers, etc.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    I think in cases like this they destroy the animal because they are afraid it will develop a "taste" for humans and will become a threat to its trainers, handlers, etc.
    I agree, I was commenting more on the absurdity I guess of anybody owning one of these animals ( even a shelter). In my opinion the only place you should be able to see a tiger is the zoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycint
    I agree, I was commenting more on the absurdity I guess of anybody owning one of these animals ( even a shelter). In my opinion the only place you should be able to see a tiger is the zoo.
    That was more my take as well. This whole incident is just an unfortunate result of someone else's stupidity. And now a girl and the tiger are both dead.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Turn Off Ads?