Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Little League World Series

Little League World Series

Anybody watching any of the Little League World Series on ESPN? To me, it is quite fun to watch, especially since the kids are my age. Man oh man, one kid on the Trans-Atlantic team is 6"5 240 pounds . Pretty big for a 12 year old. Some of the players can throw around 80 miles per hour too.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Little League World Series

I watch it!! It's so cute to see how good they are at such a young age... I remember going to watch my "boyfriends" play baseball at that age, and they were nowhere near that amazing!!

I also watched the girls playing in the softball World Series, and they were fun to watch as well. It's great to see them having so much fun... I remember when softball was still that fun...
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

To me it's fun seeing the purity of the game and the innocence of the kids playing. It is hard watching the losing team start to cry though, but hey, somebody's gotta lose.

Kalan Pimental, the kid from California, can already tough 82 mph with his fastball, which translates to a major league fastball in the range of 104 or 105 mph. He also mixed in a tight 57 mph curveball. This kid is one worth keeping an eye on. I wouldn't be surprised to see his name pop up in the draft a few years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Kalan Pimental, the kid from California, can already tough 82 mph with his fastball, which translates to a major league fastball in the range of 104 or 105 mph. He also mixed in a tight 57 mph curveball. This kid is one worth keeping an eye on. I wouldn't be surprised to see his name pop up in the draft a few years down the road.
    Was he pitching today? because one of the pitchers on the California team made every out by strike out... he struck out 18 people in 6 innings.

got alil captain in u?

that would be him his stuff was nasty for that young

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07
    that would be him his stuff was nasty for that young
    Sign him up and he can make his Reds debut next week.

But can he pitch to contact? All outs by K's are too many!
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

As long as Dante Bichette, Jr. doesn't look like his dad with his shirt off when papa played for the Reds. Anyone remember that picture? I'm forever scarred.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    Was he pitching today? because one of the pitchers on the California team made every out by strike out... he struck out 18 people in 6 innings.
    He allowed one of the runs in the first inning because the coach kept calling for a fastball on every pitch. They couldn't tough him after he started mixing in the curve. By far the best 12-year old pitcher I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513
    Yep.

Strikeout record and bases-loaded game-winning hit at Little League WS

By Genaro C. Armas
    The Associated Press

SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. – Kalen is most definitely spelled with a “K.”
    Kalen Pimentel tied a Little League World Series record for a regulation, six-inning game with 18 strikeouts to lead Rancho Bueno Vista of Vista, Calif., to a 7-2 victory over Owensboro (Ky.) Southern in the Little League World Series on Saturday.

“It took me a couple of innings to get adjusted and I started to get in a groove about the fourth inning,” Pimentel said. “My fastball and curve were really working well.”

The feat was last accomplished in 1979 by Chao-An Chen of the Pu-Tzu Town team from Taiwan.

Pimentel’s pitching highlighted the busiest day Saturday of the 10-day tournament – six games in two stadiums all scheduled to start within a nine-hour span.

In other early games, Chiba City, Japan, shut out Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, 3-0; and Lafayette, La., rallied to beat Westbrook, Maine, 3-2.

Connor Toups provided the big hit for Lafayette, singling to left past a drawn-in infield scored two runs to rally Lafayette past Westbrook. After the game, Toups didn’t say much – he’s only 11, after all – but he did smile a lot.

“I went up there looking to get a hit. He threw me a fastball,” said Toups, who at 4-foot-10 and 78 pounds is one of the smallest boys on Lafayette (1-0), the Southwest region champs. “It felt good.”

Westbrook starter Ryan Murphy held Lafayette scoreless until the sixth, the final inning in Little League, when Murphy failed to retire a batter. On Toups’ winning hit, Jace Conrad raced around from second base and pumped his fist after sliding home.

Nick Finocchiaro and Michael Mowatt homered for Westbrook (0-1), the New England champion.

Both teams played great defense. In the first inning, with a runner on first, Lafayette second baseman Brenn Conrad turned a double play by grabbing a relay toss barehanded, stepping on second and then throwing to first for the second out.

“It was like if we don’t hit it over the fence they were going to make the play,” Westbrook manager Richard Knight said.

Japan 3, Saudi Arabia 0
    Takuya Sakamoto threw a two-hitter and started a decisive three-run third inning with a double. Sakamoto struck out 11 in going all the way for Chiba City (1-0), the Asia region champion. Alexander Robinett struck out six and allowed six hits for Dhahran (0-1), the Transatlantic champion.

Turn Off Ads?